• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Just thought I'd share for those interested.

Bridgeville will host its monthly XTC match on Saturday 6/11 followed by a midrange match at 600 yards (F-class allowed) on Sunday.

For those who prefer to stay closer to home, I believe the MSRPA is hosting an XTC match at Ft. Meade on Saturday as well.

anthonyjhallen

May 16, 2011
    APG
    Is there a link that gives a rung down on the rules? I am a total noob at competive shooting but it is something I am interested in.

So What is "XTC" and "F-class?"

Thanks in advance.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    XTC stands for Across the course - It follows high power rules.

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/highpower.asp

F-class is all prone shooting at specified distances

OFFICIAL F-CLASS RULES

F-Class has two categories: F-T/R & F-Open.
    Both are fired from the prone position.
    Briefly, the rules are as follows:

F-T/R

Caliber limited to .223 or .308 (unmodified).
    Sling and/or bipod allowed.
    Rifle weight limit of 8.25 kgs (approx. 18.18 lbs).

F-Open

Caliber limit of .35 and under.
    Rifle weight of 10 kgs (approx. 22 lbs.).
    Adjustable front rest allowed.
    Rear bag allowed.
    Rail guns not allowed.
    3" wide forend.
    Rifle must be shouldered when fired.
    Tables are prohibited.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    No you don't need to be an NRA numbermember. The NRA does use membership numbers to track classifications (handicapping). If you are not a member, they will issue you a 15 digit tracking number to use at future matches. You would probably need to attend two matches before the computer kicks out a classification card with tracking number.

I recommend three things before coming to the matches:
    a.) make sure you have a good 200 yard (or 100 yard if you must) zero on your rifle so you can apply a come up to get you on paper at 600 yards. Shooting the number boards or putting rounds into the dirt annoys the match staff and is a hazard to the target pullers.

b.) a Prone match will likely be run with three or four firing relays with the non-firing relays performing scoring and target pulling duties. You will be expected to perform these duties. Be familiar with them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dXA9A5jY1E Bridgeville uses what he calls "the International method."

c.) Learn the rules (as best you can) www.nrahq.org/compete/RuleBooks/HPR/hpr-index.pdf F-class (from a bag/rest/bopod with scope) is in the back (Chapter 22). Be aware of equipment allowed/forbidden. For instance, your rifle MAY NOT be fitted with a muzzle brake.

Last edited:

NateG

Oct 16, 2009
    VA
    No you don't need to be an NRA number. The Be aware of equipment allowed/forbidden. For instance, your rifle MAY NOT be fitted with a muzzle brake.

This is pretty much the only un-bendable rule for a newbie (other than safety-related ones). A match director will usually try to make accommodations regarding equipment, help you figure out what class you'd be shooting in, help you get on paper, etc. Basically, show up, and folks will try to get you going. But *no one* wants to shoot next to a gun with a muzzle break.

Still, the more you know going in to it, the better. The stuff JJB linked to is a pretty good start.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    There's currently 50% chance of rain this weekend. Anyone know if this is rain or shine? I'm ok with getting wet, but don't want to waste the gas if no one is shooting.

Also, I saw on there calender that on the 25th there some kind of savage rifle day. Anyone have a clue what this is? I have a couple of savage's that shoot pretty well.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    We usually try to hold the match and enough people have smart phones that they can get a glimpse of the radar picture and see what's coming and going. If it looks really bad they'll stop, if it looks like it will pass soon they'll delay. if the match is almost done they'll gut it out. The 600 yard line is covered but we usually shoot in front of the concrete pad.

I've seen rain affect Bridgeville maybe three times: last July an 800 agg was cancelled after relay one fired 40 out of 80 shots. There was no end to the rain so the match was scrubbed and fees refunded. A 3x600 was cut short to a 2x600 last October after rain came. The last relays fired their second stage during the rain, but moved under cover. I think we delayed an EIC match until the rain cleared as well.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Results are up. That was fast. Lots of F-class shooters, divided into TR and Open classes.

http://bville-rifle-pistol.org/wp-content/Highpower/June2011.pdf

Great days to be out shooting. I added a few X's to my previous personal best in XTC and won all rapid fire matches (sitting, prone, aggregate) for my class (Experts and below).

In the 3x600, I beat my prior personal best by 22 points, finally breaking 500.

ssharff

Jul 2, 2009
    Georgetown, DE
    Savage Day at Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club

SAVAGE Firearms Day, Sponsored by Paul Williams Gun Shop

Fellow Club Member. On Saturday June 25, Savage Firearms is bringing at least 8 versions of rifles, with scopes and free ammunition for us to fire at different ranges.
    The time is 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This is a great time to see new products, shoot for free. Tell family and friends and come on out.

This is being sponsored by fellow club member Paul Williams and the Club. Hamburgers and hot dogs will be available, for a small fee, as a fund raiser for the club. Let me know if you think you will be attending. Remember spread the word. Look forward to seeing you on the 25th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom