• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    2 guys with their own table in the second row (from right as you walk in), all the way at the front (endcap near the entrance) had some 7.62mm in 60 rnd bandoleers for $25/bandoleer. The bandoleers are USGI marked winchester (WRA) and look nice, the ammo is on stripper clips. I bought two bandoleers thinking, ok, not a great price but hey, its USGI right?

Well, I get home and find it's crappy indian. Its marked KF, 7.62, 92

They put shitty indian ammo in WRA bandoleers and didnt mention a damn thing about their switcharoo game. :mad54:

Take this tip from me.....open the container and LOOK at whatever you buy before you pull out your wallet :mad54:

$50 for nothing but garbage

Wiley-X

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 25, 2011
    Tell the promoter. A reputable promoter does not want customers getting ripped off because it will result in fewer people through the doors.

jodavk

Nov 30, 2010
    Hate to be the one... but....Let The Buyer Beware....I'm a buyer, not a table guy. But, if there's one thing I have to constantly remind myself...it is CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU ROLL THE $$$. Seller mistake.....seller rip....shouldn't matter if you examine everything. I've got home from a show with goodies and after taking the time to really check....they weren't what I thought. I hear a piece callin and get excited to snatch it up...tough to remember!

fireantresq

Oct 4, 2010
    I hope you go back as well...if you do, please post the name of the "company" these people represent, I'm sure everyone on the board would like the info.
    thanks in advance,
    ant

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    I hope you go back as well...if you do, please post the name of the "company" these people represent, I'm sure everyone on the board would like the info.
    thanks in advance,
    ant
    Hope you go back, perhaps the Dealer got ripped as well, if not he should be reported. my opinion thats damm close to the crime of theft.

I like to wander that Show for small items, most of what I saw there in the past was a lot of overpriced C&R stuff.

Ed

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Hope you go back, perhaps the Dealer got ripped as well, if not he should be reported. my opinion thats damm close to the crime of theft.

I like to wander that Show for small items, most of what I saw there in the past was a lot of overpriced C&R stuff.

Ed

That was my first thought too......

At my business I'm the "middle man" on a lot of merchandise and I rarely, if ever open boxes to ensure the content is what its supposed to be, especially on things that have come directly from a well known manufacturer.

But thanks for the heads up; this is still a good warning to all mdshooters members looking for ammo. :thumbsup:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Take it back.

However, I'm not sure that they ripped you off. They may have not known either. It's possible that the Pakistanis bought the WRA marked stuff surplus (or we gave them to them) and they packed it that way from their factory.

In the end, they had an asking price for an item you could see, handle, and inspect. You checked it out and paid their asking price.

I would be upset also, but wouldn't direct all my anger at them till I knew the whole situation.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Yes, buyer beware applies. Is it worth going back and paying the entrance fee again to complain? If so go for it, even if it's only on "principle". The gun shows I attend (in VA) are at a minimum 2 hours drive each way so I have to be careful because I am not likely to return an item. Most vendors don't provide receipts either which makes returns difficult. :sad20:

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    It's false advertising, plain and simple. You can't put dog crap in Wheaties box, and sell it as cereal. Take it back, and curteously ask for your money back, as the product was mis-represented. It has nothing to do with "caveat emptor", or "buyer beware". If they are legit, they will understand, and perhaps even be surprised that they too didn't realize what was inside. If they start getting ugly, go to the people who are running the event, because these turds don't belong.

Buyer beware, is I sell you a car with a bad engine. I don't tell you and you don't ask.

False advertising, is I sell you a car with a bad engine, and put a sign in the window that says, "Runs like a dream".

There is a difference.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    It's false advertising, plain and simple. You can't put dog crap in Wheaties box, and sell it as cereal. Take it back, and curteously ask for your money back, as the product was mis-represented. It has nothing to do with "caveat emptor", or "buyer beware". If they are legit, they will understand, and perhaps even be surprised that they too didn't realize what was inside. If they start getting ugly, go to the people who are running the event, because these turds don't belong.

Buyer beware, is I sell you a car with a bad engine. I don't tell you and you don't ask.

False advertising, is I sell you a car with a bad engine, and put a sign in the window that says, "Runs like a dream".

There is a difference.

EXACTLY....:thumbsup:

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Guys, I would love to go back and get my money back, mainly for principle. BUT, I have to take my wife to the Dulles airport today and tomorrow I have commitments. Unfortunately I cant get back there and I'll have to write this one up to a leason learned.

But keep in mind, if you see those guys. I left one bandoleer behind. But it wouldnt surprise me if they restock that crap.
    Remember, second row on right as you enter, they have the endcap nearest the entrance.

I'm mainly posting this as a warning to you guys looking for ammo.

rob b

c@r collecting
    Guys, I would love to go back and get my money back, mainly for principle. BUT, I have to take my wife to the Dulles airport today and tomorrow I have commitments. Unfortunately I cant get back there and I'll have to write this one up to a leason learned.

But keep in mind, if you see those guys. I left one bandoleer behind. But it wouldnt surprise me if they restock that crap.
    Remember, second row on right as you enter, they have the endcap nearest the entrance.

was it jacks gun works ?
    I may be wrong

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Take it back.

However, I'm not sure that they ripped you off. They may have not known either. It's possible that the Pakistanis bought the WRA marked stuff surplus (or we gave them to them) and they packed it that way from their factory.

In the end, they had an asking price for an item you could see, handle, and inspect. You checked it out and paid their asking price.

I would be upset also, but wouldn't direct all my anger at them till I knew the whole situation.

It was marked WRA and NATO. So I doubt it came from India.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom