HB-344 - CRIMINAL LAW – ELECTRONIC CONTROL DEVICES – RESTRICTIONS ON POSSESSION AND U

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    HB 344
    Delegate Branch, et al
    CRIMINAL LAW – ELECTRONIC CONTROL DEVICES – RESTRICTIONS ON POSSESSION AND USE
    Including electronic control devices in the definition of “weapon” for purposes of specified provisions of law that prohibit a person from wearing or carrying a dangerous weapon under specified circumstances; prohibiting a person from using an electronic control device in the commission of specified crimes or on a law enforcement officer under specified circumstances; establishing a penalty; etc.

EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2011
    CR, §§ 4-101 and 4-109 - amended
    Assigned to: Judiciary

http://mlis.state.md.us/2011rs/billfile/HB0344.htm

http://mlis.state.md.us/2011rs/bills/hb/hb0344f.pdf

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The worst part is they really think they are helping because they really do believe everyone follows the law.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Oh yes they've already taken the guns away from the innocent person on the street, better get the taser now too before they find another way to defend themselves. Bastards. Complete and utter bastards.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The mace will be next, then you'll need a permit to learn martial arts, then martial arts will be banned.

The goal of Maryland is a society where criminals have all the rights.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The worst part is they really think they are helping because they really do believe everyone follows the law.

You know in a way I think many of them know that the law won't matter to criminals. And to me, that's what makes it all the worse. I mean who would know that better than bottom-feeders like Frosh and his ilk who make their living getting the scum of the earth off in court. But they don't care because it doesn't affect them. They all live in communities where crime is low and police protection is high. So if some little members of the peasant class have to suffer so the State Circle Mafia can continue to stroke their own liberal egos, so be it. They don't care.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    You know in a way I think many of them know that the law won't matter to criminals. And to me, that's what makes it all the worse. I mean who would know that better than bottom-feeders like Frosh and his ilk who make their living getting the scum of the earth off in court. But they don't care because it doesn't affect them. They all live in communities where crime is low and police protection is high. So if some little members of the peasant class have to suffer so the State Circle Mafia can continue to stroke their own liberal egos, so be it. They don't care.

Some Section 8 housing in his neighborhood, would set him straight :innocent0

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Ok. It doesn't prohibit the possession of said devices, it just makes it illegal to use them in the commission of a crime. WTF? If you are committing a crime, then you are already doing something illegal. Just legal mumbo jumbo so they can use it for re-election.

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    How in the hell did Anderson join the Tea Party Caucus and then support bull$hit like this. That guy needs a ****ing history lesson.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    How in the hell did Anderson join the Tea Party Caucus and then support bull$hit like this. That guy needs a ****ing history lesson.

I thought that the joining of the Tea Party post dated the bill. I think he needs some education...

but

if he joined the TP sincerely, there may be a small part of him thats questioning his democratic indoctrination.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    If I'm reading this right, you could technically be charged with this for walking your dog in the wrong area if you are using one of those remote collars.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Ok. It doesn't prohibit the possession of said devices, it just makes it illegal to use them in the commission of a crime. WTF? If you are committing a crime, then you are already doing something illegal. Just legal mumbo jumbo so they can use it for re-election.

Just a little more than that, at least from how I read it. It would make it a crime to carry a taser/stun gun concealed at all, even if you weren't bothering anyone and it was for self-defense. I guess the some in the legislature feel we need to be like NJ and NY and legislate out any hope of self-defense. As if gang-bangers and thugs are going to get big into carrying tasers. :sad20:

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    We must keep the streets safe for redistribution professionals to ply thier trade. Would you want these people without a means to support thier families????

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    How many crimes have been commited by taser??? It is a purely non-lethal, defensive tool just like my boot in your privates .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom