• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsl1106

Dec 7, 2008
    Perryville, MD
    Time for a new barrel for my SBR. Have narrowed it down to either a Noveske 11.5" or a Black Hole Weaponry 11.5". Both stainless, both polygonal rifling. Any input on either? Does a Noveske have $100 bucks worth of extra pizzazz to justify it's higher cost? Thanks for any input!

wjt1169

The Noveske will come with a pinned gas block already in place. This is both a pro and a con. The pro is that a pinned gas block is the most secure set up you can get. The con is that you must remove the pin and gas block in order to install the barrel; and that can prove challenging for some.

I have no experience with Black Hole Weaponry, but Noveske gear is top notch.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I dunno, ignorance of the forum rules I guess. I must not know the secret handshake!

Or people don't have personal experience with both of those barrels. Noveske is a good name...black hole is a black hole when it comes to my knowledge.

Most folks I know go with complete uppers to get around issues mating a new barrel and gas block to an existing upper. In theory you can have issues with cycling and timing. Just because the parts fit does not mean they are plug and play.

Not discouraging you. Sounds like you are going to have some fun, either way.

Folks here are generally helpful when they know the answer to your question. It's probably the case that like me, they just don't have the specific answers you are seeking.

80thdiv313fa

Jul 8, 2009
    Maine
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I have a Noveske 11.5" and love it! Its accurate as hell. I have shot 62 & 55gr ammo through it and have not seen any difference in accuracy. You cant go wrong with a Noveske. I've never even heard of Black Hole barrels. As far as the pinned gas block, I sent the barrel, upper receiver, and rail to ADCO Firearms for them to assemble. They did a great job, I couldnt be happier.

P9100136.jpg

P9100144.jpg

jsl1106

Dec 7, 2008
    Perryville, MD
    Most likely gonna go with Noveske and send it to Adco. Steve there did my MK 12 Mod 0 clone and it shoots way better than I do. Thanks for the input!

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    If you want to DIY all you need is some Kroil Oil a good punch, a hammer, and a way to brace the barrel well. Hit it with some oil and let it soak in for several hours.

+1, had to install a Troy rail that required a proprietary barrel nut last week. It was an M&P15 barrel. The low profile gas block was pinned on, and that pin was real stubborn. I hit it with Kroil and a bit of heat, to no avail. Came back after 24 hours and 2 whacks with a heavy hammer and the pin broke free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom