• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    What constitutes certification that I had a license prior to 7/1/77 or that I hunted on private property prior to that time?

probably a hunting license from that time or a note from someone stating that. which most of the time forces people to take a hunters ed course because they cant prove it. not necessarily a bad thing. more of an inconvenience than anything. but worth the knowledge

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    probably a hunting license from that time or a note from someone stating that. which most of the time forces people to take a hunters ed course because they cant prove it. not necessarily a bad thing. more of an inconvenience than anything. but worth the knowledge

So I could get any land owner to write me a note saying I had hunted their land
    prior to? Maybe have it notarized? Would an out of state land owner be OK?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    So I could get any land owner to write me a note saying I had hunted their land
    prior to? Maybe have it notarized? Would an out of state land owner be OK?

well....im not a lawyer but you could get it notarized but you would have to prove it was written in or prior to 1977...

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    You hunted on YOUR property prior to 77. That is the only way you could be exempt from buying a license.

I can buy a license w/o a problem. The problem is that I see some of the public hunting areas want you to have a hunters safety cert. and I don't know how to get around that.
    How would the state know if I hunted my property or not?

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    What constitutes certification that I had a license prior to 7/1/77 or that I hunted on private property prior to that time?

I haven't hunted the last few years but you used to be able to sign/attest on the license that you hunted before 1977. That's what I used to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom