• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    I get so sick of seeing all the Prius' driving around with the "Choose Civility" bumper stickers on them, so I just ordered a few of these to piss them off:

http://www.chooseinsanity.com/

index.1.gif

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The other week, I saw a woman, yacking on the cellphone, blow right through a red light, nearly getting broadsided.

The stupid @#$*! had one of those "Choose Civility" bumperstickers.

I had always wondered what these bumperstickers meant, but now I realize they're intended to warn other motorists that there's a congenital idiot behind the wheel.

sskijr

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2008
    Half-cocked;494637I had always wondered what these bumperstickers meant said:
    Those little bumper stickers mean there is a snooty, lib behind the wheel. Everyone else is a barbarian. Boy how Howard County has changed in just 15 years.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    NO doubt in my mind that Prius drivers are more likely to cut you off, change lans without signalling, roll through stop signs, do 10mph under the posted limit, weave while on the cell phone, and generally just drive like the road belongs to them.

But hey, they did their part to save the environment...

Splitter

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    For you Howard County old-timers, my gift to you:

Attachments

• BUMPERSTICKER-small.jpg
      BUMPERSTICKER-small.jpg
      14.8 KB · Views: 372

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Anyone know who came up with the original slogan, and why?

There is a book "choosing civility". I happened to recieve it at work and it is a darn boring work about how to avoid conflicts. I took mine to the range, put two rounds through and displayed it to prove my point.

The book was taken up by HoCo Library and made into a slogan to promote HoCo as a "model". Right now, the bumper stickers seem more to serve as a warning from abysmal drivers.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    There is a book "choosing civility". I happened to recieve it at work and it is a darn boring work about how to avoid conflicts.

Funny... decades before this idea of "civility" became "fashionable", and it became in vogue to tout this seemingly novel idea via catchy green bumperstickers, I seem to remember learning all about the Golden Rule and how to treat others as you would have them treat you, in this place we called "Sunday School".

Well, congratulations to the slow learners for finally catching on to the idea.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    civility...that's a fancy way of belittling other people's cultures while maintaining a finger-pointing spinelessness common amongst white-guilt liberals. i can't stand those friggin stickers and the minivans that display them while tailgating or cutting me off. more than a few have been covered over with msi or mdshooters stickers...i don't know by whom though:innocent0

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I hate those goddamn things. They may as well say "I think I'm better than you". I hate self-righteous idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom