• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYKh

Fear & Loathing
    Sep 29, 2009
    Whitemarsh
    I was just looking a Cheaper-then-dirt, it looks like the ammo prices are starting to calm down.
    I hope that is reflected at the GS Timonium this month.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Online prices aren't yet pre-Obama cheap, but definitely more reasonable.

I was in Bass Outdoor World over the weekend and shelves were still empty of all the common pistol calibers. I've seen 9mm in my local Wallyworld only once in the past year. Can't wait until it's more available cash-and-carry again.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    Just remember, UPS and FedEx raised their prices this past Monday.

Don't get me started about UPS. They F@^%$ up more shipments ......
    Every day I get at least one skid full of stuff off the UPS truck (I'm talking about work here), and at least four times a week, I receive empty boxes. No idea where the contents went. Just an empty box. Oh, it may have air bags or paper stuffing, but no parts. Great :mad54:

At least twice a week I get a box with parts in it that we shipped out. UPS sends stuff back, I have no idea where the stuff was supossed to go. Tools are just put in a box at a UPS location and instead of them shipping it to our customer, they send it back to us! If they know where it came from, how come they don't know where it's going???

Now lets' look at UPS Freight (formally Overnite). We ship alot of tool boxes and I get at least one or two back every week that a customer has refused due to in transit damage. With no other trucking company we use, do we have these issues. (Sorry, I am venting. I was just told this afternoon that I have another tool box on the way back!)

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Yeah peices are only slightly better these days. I FINALLY found CCI Stingers at Wal-Mart the other day after keeping an eye out for them since September.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    AMMO PRICES HAVE NOT CHANGED!!!!!

THEY WILL NOT COME DOWN ANYTIME SOON.
    Sorry, but this just isn't true. CTD, for example, is selling 9mm at 16 cents a round, and while Brown Bear isn't my favorite, it's undeniable that this is WAY down from the 22 cents a round or so we saw a few months ago for the same stuff.

Ultimate Member
    Sorry, but this just isn't true. CTD, for example, is selling 9mm at 16 cents a round, and while Brown Bear isn't my favorite, it's undeniable that this is WAY down from the 22 cents a round or so we saw a few months ago for the same stuff.

where is this?
    where is the supply on AIMS or WALMART?
    Why are the prices on metal still high?
    How will ammo get cheap that way?
    Why are the main producers lagging, especially in the USA?
    Why are the producers working 24hr shifts?
    Why are WALMART shelves whipped out?

what does "slightly better mean," it just means the situation is still bad. Saying the AMMO CRISIS is getting better is like obama telling us the economy is getting better.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    where is this?

what does "slightly better mean," it just means the situation is still bad. Saying the AMMO CRISIS is getting better is like obama telling us the economy is getting better.

I haven't seen many 45 ACP ammo in Walmarts, Frederick 2 stores
    in quite some time.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=WNUSA45AVP&src=tpSlrByr11

Natchezss has 100 rouunds right now for &43.98
    November a year ago in Walmart 100 rounds was less than $30

some ammo can be found.....

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    where is this?

Well, since you asked...

I've seen PMC .223 drop from $400/K down to just about $300/K.

I've seen Prvi .223 and 5.56 drop in price by almost $100/K in the last 6 months.

I've seen increased availability of just about very caliber out there (yes, even .380!). I've been able to buy 1500 rnds of .45 , several thousand rnds 9mm at Wally World. It just takes is patience and a bit of luck...

Jamie

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Yeah, Wallyworlds that I frequent do tend to have ammo now.

9mm is almost always on hand, sometimes at 9.97 per box (Federal).
    .45 is in similar supply running aruund $17 per box.
    Lots of .25 and .32.
    Hell, I even found .380 on Christmas Eve in Westminster ($18 I think).

Ammo availability is getting much better from what I see. Prices are still a bit higher than pre-election, especially WWB.

With the economy bad and people having stocked up, there is little reason for ammo prices and availability to remain at crisis levels. Things are getting better, slowly but surely. Prices always take longer to come down than they did to go up.

I'm not saying things will ever be the same again, but we are not dealing with the same level of crisis.

Geez....I hope a bunch of people that hoarded ammo to re-sell at inflated prices are getting screwed :).

Splitter

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Lead and copper prices are within the same range for the past 4 years.

Gold is used as a reference.

Enjoy...

Attachments

• S Metals 5 yr.bmp
      420.1 KB · Views: 209

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I still can't find much ammo at the Wal-Marts in Calvert County. I try to go to both at least once every week or two just to check out the ammo supply.
    The most I've seen in the last year was at the Prince Frederick WM about 2 month ago, they had about a dozen boxes of Federal 9mm for $9.97 each and 2 or 3 boxes of WWB .40 cal. It was all gone in just a day or two.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    I'm still waiting for 12 guage trap ammo to drop in price. I have about a case of Remington Gun Club left from over a year ago. Until prices come down I'll shoot trap about 1/4 as much as I did before. If the price doesn't come down I'll make that case last me until 2011. I reload everything else I like to shoot. I have a $175 Dicks Sporting Goods gift card that I wanted to spend on ammo, but I'll probably spend it instead on clothes.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Overall ammo is getting much cheaper, though still variable from shipment to shipment. I have seen great specials (hair above pre election) at most of the major suppliers. Some calibers still scarce and expensive.

Right now what I want is some of the 90s german 7.62*51 that AIM has but cant figure out how to get it past the wife ;).

Hope February Chantilly will be moderate, I may hit walmart this weekend to grab a couple hundred rounds of 9mm and .22.

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    Wally World or as I like to call it (Alien Zone) in Columbia has not had $hit for the longest time. Must be some dip$hit with inside info getting there when the shipments arrive.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    There are in my opinion A LOT of cheaper places to go other than CTD for ammo. Wideners, AIM, Grafs to name a few. Grafs especially has awesome deals if you get the C&R discount and order over $100 at a time. CTD seems to occasionally have a good deal on one or two calibers and then everything else sucks.

Treeguy

Jan 14, 2010
    Boonsboro
    CTD has crazy shipping prices on ammo..i was shocked when i tried to get some .17

They wanted $25 for a few boxes i think it was..down right BS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom