• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrPandemic

Small Business Owner
    Nov 1, 2015
    Up in the Holler
    Great write up! Do you mind if I forward my customers to this? I sell the 80 Percent arms lowers and jigs and it would be awesome for them to soak in your experience to help avoid a screw up!

80% Arms

Nov 3, 2015
    Santa Ana, CA
    Hello all,

I just wanted to post my experience using the 80% Arms "Easy Jig"...

3. The end mill that 80% Arms sells is basically the same price from McMaster/ MSC, etc. and with shipping will probably be more. Get it from 80% Arms...

Hello Maryland Shooters and thank you CXD Arms for posting your experience with our Easy Jig!

Just a quick clarification that the end mill we sell is not available through McMaster. It's a custom manufactured solid carbide 4 inch long, 1/4 inch diameter, 3 flute end mill, with very short 0.75" flutes for optimal performance milling aluminum. The short flutes make it very difficult to accidentally damage your jig by cutting into it. End mills with more flutes are much more prone to snap when milling aluminum at high speeds, and the longer flutes on some end mills will cut into the jig template. It can be done with off the shelf end mills but you run a risk of eating up your template. Our short flute is already under the template with the first pass so only the shank can touch the template, which greatly reduces the risk of cutting into your jig.

Alan - 80% Arms

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    80% Arms has a video on their website that shows the whole process. Very helpful to refer back to while using the jig. Buy the milling bit from them and save yourself some trouble locating the correct bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom