• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I need to find or fabricate my own spas 12 parts. I need the folding stock shock bushing and the reciever shock absorber. I have the old reciever Shock absorber but I do not have the folding stock bushing. Can someone tell me The dimensions of the bushing? Also, if anyone knows, what can I use to replace the receiver shock absorber and the bushing? Any help is appreciated thank you

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    It's been awhile, if memory serves me correct, I had it within 2 weeks.

The original recoil buffer is a joke on those firearms. About six years ago I bought the Law from coworker unfired, in the box. The Franchi buffer came apart in my hands while changing it out. If not changed over, the bolt would have ruined my receiver in short order.

Nov 13, 2013
    Tennessee

Attachments

• spas-12ns.jpg
      spas-12ns.jpg
      4.4 KB · Views: 1,003
    Last edited:

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    could work if you have the newer style buffer. won't work for the conical shaped older style that both my spas and law have. i prefer the other style as it uses a screw to retain the buffer. This requires countersinking the screw to your receiver. The older style nipple on your replacement is the Achilles heel of the design. that usually fails and the buffer comes loose and gets beat up. not a good solution in my opinion.

Attachments

• NewReceiverShock2.jpg
      NewReceiverShock2.jpg
      9.7 KB · Views: 1,352
    • OldReceiverShock2.jpg
      OldReceiverShock2.jpg
      15.6 KB · Views: 1,121

JDBoss

Quiet Professional
    Nov 8, 2010
    Florida
    Hate to say it... Spas 12 was literally the worst (unreliable) firearm I've ever owned... Paid $600 and sold it for the same several months later for the same.... was lucky to unload it. It would not work reliably in semi-auto, and it would often get totally jammed up in pump.

Nov 13, 2013
    Tennessee
    could work if you have the newer style buffer. won't work for the conical shaped older style that both my spas and law have. i prefer the other style as it uses a screw to retain the buffer. This requires countersinking the screw to your receiver. The older style nipple on your replacement is the Achilles heel of the design. that usually fails and the buffer comes loose and gets beat up. not a good solution in my opinion.

I'm very confidant that the tip on my buffers won't break off but if it does that would be covered under my 5000 round warranty.

There is also a buffer for the Franchie Black Magic available.
    http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=881

Attachments

• FranchiBM12s.JPG
      FranchiBM12s.JPG
      3.4 KB · Views: 974

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I bought several buffers from blackjack, and fabricated my own stock buffer so I'm ready to go. Unfortunately I lost over $100 on an unscrupulous online vendor many months ago.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Whatever you do don't order from spas12.com ! I placed an order months ago. I never received my product. I tried to email him and he doesn't reply. He's a scam artist!

This. I wish I had researched his feedback better :mad54:

Feb 9, 2014
    The problem with the SPAS-12 is no one seems to care about maintaining them and could care less to understand how to. The few individuals who know everything listed below are blasting away without any problems. Maintenance counts and the little things

Answers to common problems. Simple solutions are FIND EM, FIX EM OR **** EM.

Why does the shotgun kick like a mule?

1. Your receiver shock absorber is missing because its wore out after 25 years and now your bolt is bouncing against the receiver directly ready to split and crack the rear in two.

2. Your folding stock is missing its rubber shock absorber and your warping your folding stock butt plate.

My SPAS-12 wont cycle its Garbage or Junk.

1.Well you helpless insecure child you might be missing a O-RING ahead of your gas piston that you lost when you tried to take it apart.

2. I have a O-RING but mine fails to CYCLE.. GOD HELP YOU!!! you forgot to use your special tool to clean out the gas ports, both gas ports with that pokey pointy thing. The ports have been clogged up since 1982 with carbon....understand chucky!.

The SPAS-12 is too heavy it weighs almost 9LBS... If that's the case you shouldn't handle a military shotgun, so go use your RED RYDER TOMMY! Military shotguns have heat shields and larger shell capacity's. Military shotguns are made of thick materials to be rugged and durable during heavy close quarter combat I would rather have 9lbs hitting and crushing the skull of my enemy in a SHTF Situation.

My SPAS-12 doesn't want to click into auto mode or manual mode but if I loosen the extension it works.... WTF Well Chaaaarrlllliiiee Your extension came from a LAW-12 or SAS-12 shotgun and someone mixed them up (WAS IT YOU!). Get a nice tapered SPAS-12 extension and tighten it as much as you want and it will click between auto and manual mode like it was made to.

My SPAS-12 just snapped its bolt handle off and it was working its way out prior to this......... Well you need to install a operating handle spring, You are missing yours Coolio and the handles are not cheap nor plentiful these days.

My SPAS-12 just burst into flames and shot 500 people randomly with Armor Piercing Sabot rounds with attached Mini Grenades throwing Shrapnel all over the area. The Puppies and Whales are dead!..... QUIT BEING A DAMN DEMOCRATIC LIBERAL *******!

I hope I have brought a warmth and comfort to you today, knowing that these common errors can and will be the main problems with any SPAS-12 Shotgun if you have a problem beyond these listed...... Quit taking it apart and damaging your own equipment you DR. KAVORKIAN TYPES!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom