• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhytid

Jan 28, 2009
    A part of the body inside the home, is considered inside during an unauthorized/forced entry. Where the perp did not belong...

If the perp was completely outside, then he might still be alive.

IANAL

Would you let the perp get inside comfortably then shoot him/her? Or would you shoot the perp in the act?

Well, first of all, I hope I am never in that situation. If I had a shotgun trained at the door and had already called 911, I think I would wait until the perp's body was through the door before I pulled the trigger. Maybe I am being stupid, but I think that's what I would do.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Well, first of all, I hope I am never in that situation. If I had a shotgun trained at the door and had already called 911, I think I would wait until the perp's body was through the door before I pulled the trigger. Maybe I am being stupid, but I think that's what I would do.
    How do you know how many are about to come through that door? :innocent0

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I am really shocked (in a good way) that even though the perp had no gun and only his arm was through the window (at least that's what it seems like from the article), the police said it was a "justifiable homicide." I thought it MD, they perp had to be physically inside the house and you had to be in mortal danger of your life before you could even defend yourself?

Maybe he just got new carpet and didnt wanna get it all bloodied up? I cant blame him. :D

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Thanks for saving the taxpayer a load of money supporting another convict to get his college degree and eat three squares a day!!

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Not only don't you know how many might be preparing to come in but what is in the other guys hand, if it's a gun you could be too late. If he shoots first it won't matter if he is completely inside or not.

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    Scumbag is listed as "Clyde Antwone Rosevelt Howard" perhaps he needed money for a few more names.

kronusthebonus

Jackwagon
    Jul 26, 2010
    Hampstead
    If the perp doesn't stop after the warning and having a shotgun pointed at him, he probably wasn't all that bright to begin with. One less badgun in the gene pool.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    And you can still be sued for shooting the individual breaking into your house. How does that make sense?...

Nope, last year MSI and the other gun groups in Maryland got a civil immunity bill passed preventing a criminal from sueing unless the actions are grossly abusive, ie; you like shoot him, tie him up and sodomize him before the police come.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    And you can still be sued for shooting the individual breaking into your house. How does that make sense?...

Years ago In Owingsmills - Reisterstown area,, there were two brothers who owned a auto repair business that was repeatedly broke into,, stuff stolen and damaged, one night they stayed there,, a couple of guys broke in,, and suffered lead poisoning, the brothers walked free.

Tom

EarthLover

Aug 10, 2009
    Anyone who would wait until the perps entire body was into the home doesn't understand the law. Your attempt to be cautious is a disservice. And like stated above fails to see the obvious danger of that plan if action. If the perp us breached the inside of your home and he is not a welcomed guest. Warn then shoot.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Years ago In Owingsmills - Reisterstown area,, there were two brothers who owned a auto repair business that was repeatedly broke into,, stuff stolen and damaged, one night they stayed there,, a couple of guys broke in,, and suffered lead poisoning, the brothers walked free.

Tom

yeah, but they went through hell in our courts first.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston

Yeah-- you're being stupid....

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I am really shocked (in a good way) that even though the perp had no gun and only his arm was through the window (at least that's what it seems like from the article), the police said it was a "justifiable homicide." I thought it MD, they perp had to be physically inside the house and you had to be in mortal danger of your life before you could even defend yourself?

Same here, interesting how Maryland appears to be torn over self-defense. We are hanging in the balance (politically), so this is why we all need to lend our voices to reason. I encourage you to do what you can to spread the word, or participate (with MSI) however you can.

Here is another excellent example of how firearms can and do, way more good than harm: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/26298699/detail.html

In summary- this shop owner was confronted by a robber, who was indicating he was armed (old finger in jacket pocket trick), after he had robbed the place, there was a struggle outside and the owner shot and killed the perp!

After the police concluded their field investigation, talking with witnesses, the owner, reviewing the video footage, etc. The shop owner was not arrest or charged with any crime.

I haven't been able to find another update to this story. If you have a moment, I encourage you to read the article, and POST a POSITIVE, pro-self defense comment. It is a proven fact that such comments have a significant affect on peoples attitudes and sentiments. We are shaping the new 'normal' in America, if we say nothing, ignorance, dependence, and fear will prevail.

Last edited:

jehu

May 23, 2005
    How???

I call it a very liberal media trying to get higher circulation numbers. These days, there are no reporters (Cronkite, Jennings), i.e. those that report news.

If you think Cronkite and Jennings reported the news without a liberal bias then you are very young. Cronkite is one of the biggest liberal gasbags in history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom