• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Why is that? Is it too much to ask for a bit of professionalism from the person answering the telephone?

No, you missunderstood...I'm meant that the government servants actions were garbage!

surplusfan

Feb 2, 2009
    PA
    This is just more fuel for me to get my ass out of this state. In the meantime I would say that I'll be doing some letter writing to our beloved "public servants".

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This is just more fuel for me to get my ass out of this state. In the meantime I would say that I'll be doing some letter writing to our beloved "public servants".

This stuff is like a cancer, it spreads if you don't stop it. The Gun haters Club is only about 8 states right now, but they are always courting new members.

And in those other states, people have worked hard to keep the cancer in remission.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    In addition to these dangerous high capacity magazines, I think we should introduce legislation banning high capacity beer cans. These large beer cans contribute to the epidemic of drunk driving and college binge drinking. Does anyone really need 40 or even 24 ounces of beer? I think 12 is perfectly sufficient. By one estimate, some 14000 people were injured along with 200 deaths from alcohol related traffic incidents in Marylanf in 1999. We need to put an end to these dangerous large beers popular amongst teens and the indigant. Please, think of the children.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    In addition to these dangerous high capacity magazines, I think we should introduce legislation banning high capacity beer cans. These large beer cans contribute to the epidemic of drunk driving and college binge drinking. Does anyone really need 40 or even 24 ounces of beer? I think 12 is perfectly sufficient. By one estimate, some 14000 people were injured along with 200 deaths from alcohol related traffic incidents in Marylanf in 1999. We need to put an end to these dangerous large beers popular amongst teens and the indigant. Please, think of the children.

DON"T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!

Especially after the 4 loco debate.
    :D

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Okay so I'm coming to the hearing on the 10th. Not sure if I'll speak or not, never been to one of these. Doesn't the FBI have pages and pages of statistics on the failure known as the Clinton assault weapons ban? I've read all this before but don't know where to find it. Basically proved that it did little to curb violent crime. Would it not be beneficial for someone to print this stuff out and take it with them?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Do you mean like 4loco? The beverage that was attributed to a total of something like 3 deaths nationwide due to drinking & driving. My god who thought that D&D would attribute to someone dying.

They are already going down this path.

My contacts tell me this mag limit bill wont pass. Its more of a there was a tragedy and we need to react to show we "tried". Although F does hope it will pass, they feel strongly it will not.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Not to steal this thread, but...
    She 8 months pregnant.
    When the care died, she called 911...
    "What do you want us to do about it?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing....
    Oh, and I now have a new crusade... and that's to get someone fired.

I hear you, and I'm so glad everything worked out with your family.

Often when I speak with people about 'gun' issues, I use the example of, what would you do if your wife called you because her car broke down at night and she called you saying she felt unsafe. Normally you would expect the police to get there, but, as often happens, they can't for many higher priority reasons. It may be now your responsibility to get to your family as quickly as possible to get them out safely and deal with the car/situation as appropriate. If you are not permitted to carry a firearm because of some political posturing, is that right?

In the stranded in the snow case a tow strap and maybe a 4-wheel drive would solve the problem, but in an increasing number of situations, a little self-defense would go a long way in these dangerous times.

I urge anyone reading this to do what you can to support Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) and help protect your rights to protect yourself and your family. Your help is more important right now than ever.

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    Best of luck guys. I honestly can say I don't miss the stress of the MD legislature season each year since moving to KY. My previous HoCo reps sucked major arse! People like Frosh are a cancer and only serve to further their agenda instead of the people they were elected by.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Not to steal this thread, but...

Wed was a very unusual day when it comes to 911 response calls. We had that craptastic snow storm during rush hour and it took people as much as 12 hours to get home.

It also put an unusually very heavy load on the 911 system.

However, if what happened to us is anything like a normal reaction from the police, specifically the Montgomery County Police, then I'm going to have to complete agree with the above.

Story:

My wife had gotten to the overpass of Wotten Pkwy and Rt 270. At which point the alternator in her car died.

She 8 months pregnant.

When the care died, she called 911 because there was no way to get out of the car without being hit, as she was in the far left lane and people were going around her on both sides. 911 was actually busy... and it was NOT possible to get through (not really suprising).

The car was also getting cold fast.

I found the direct dial number for the Rockville Montgomery County Police, and called them.

When I explained the situation to the woman on duty at the station her response was:

"What do you want us to do about it?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

She literally didn't give a shit (based on her tone). Based on this, I can't imagine why I would even consider letting a police department, who would hire an idiot like that, to be my first and only line of defense.

I can understand being inundated with calls, not having enough officers, etc... but I can't believe that someone would:

1) Not care to that extent

2) Be so foolish as to actually say something like that (which clearly indicates a severe lack of mental acuity).

On the flip side, I called the direct dial number for the State Police and by-passed 911, getting though immeadiately. Though they were inundated with calls, and even though it took 5 hours to get to her car, they got someone there eventually and kept calling her every 15 mintues to make sure she was OK. They took responsibility and did their job professionally.

Oh, and I now have a new crusade... and that's to get someone fired.

They were 100% wrong,,

but at least they told you the truth,,, there are companies out there that will tell you "what you want to hear" just to get you off the phone.

Glad she was ok.

Tom

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I am a Law Enforcement Officer, or was, I'm Retired now.
    I am an avid supporter of the Rights and Freedoms afforded us by the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Perhaps the good Senator should be looking for co-sponsors on a Bill to stop the Revolving Door Policy of the Courts.

For 40 plus years I and every other Officer in Maryland have been fighting to stop a system that allows a Felon to be back on the street before we finish our paperwork.

This sounds a lot like the Ban the bullet, Ban the gun Bills, Lets see what type of restriction he will propose, this could be a real can of worms, hopefully we will not go the way of Calif.

Ed

Ed, that has the makings of a fine letter to the legislators.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm Kind of Worried About This One

For anyone interested in lifting some of this text for their own letter, this is the text of letter that I sent to every member of the judiciary committee regarding the upcoming magazine ban proposal (SB 162). I'm kind of worried about this one, and this exercise may be akin to pi$$ing up a rope...

Dear Senator:

I am writing to express my opposition to the proposed Maryland Senate Bill SB-162, “Detachable Magazine Ban”. While I appreciate the legislatures concern for fighting crime, I feel that this proposed bill will have no significant impact on crime, and will only affect law-abiding gun owners and collectors.

SB-162, titled "Detachable Magazines – Maximum Capacity for Ammunition" would ban firearm magazines with a capacity of larger than 10 rounds. The current law limiting magazine capacity to 20 rounds has had no major impact on crime. If the number of rounds allowed in a magazine is cut in half will I be 50% safer? The people of Maryland would be better served by a bill to stop the Revolving Door Policy of the Courts.

Maryland already has some of the stiffest gun control laws in the country already on the books, and in spite of this, the state consistently ranks amounts the most crime ridden according to FBI Uniform Crime Statistics. Instead kowtowing to the gun ban lobby and passing more laws that will mostly affect law abiding citizens; the state should come down harder on criminals.

In addition to stiffer penalties for criminals, having the information on the mentally unstable sent to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, to head them off before they acquiring firearms would lower gun deaths. Currently, the disturbed people among us are unknown to the feds when they apply for a firearm.

I implore you to see this bill for what it is: a politically motivated attempt to appease anti-gun groups and give the appearance of "doing something" about crime, while doing nothing to address its' true socio-economic causes. This bill is no less than political grandstanding.

Senator, please oppose any more useless gun control laws, which the criminals ignore, and only affect law-abiding citizens. You can start by killing the proposed “Assault Weapons Ban” SB-162 in the Judiciary Committee when it comes up foe a vote. Thank you for your time Senator.

Sincerely,

ChannelCat

Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    SB43?

No such bill on the docket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts