• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kralizec

May 1, 2008
    Northeast
    I'm someone's secret santa and I need any advice on where to buy official, factory glock mags at a decent price and have them here before Christmas.

Also, any info on quality 9mm ammo I can buy locally would be a big help. I don't think ammo can ship in the time frame I'm looking at. My local walfarts are sold out.

Thanks in advance.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Id check some more walmarts, Ive been shooting the Federal red box of .40 without any problems whatsoever and walmart sells them for 14.97 a box. 9mm Federal sells for 10.97 a box. Thats about as cheap as youll find for a good quality ammo not in bulk.

HisCombatMama

Feb 3, 2009
    Cabelas could probably get the ammo to you in time. They usually have a box on our porch within 5 days of ordering.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Also, any info on quality 9mm ammo I can buy locally would be a big help. I don't think ammo can ship in the time frame I'm looking at. My local walfarts are sold out.

Thanks in advance.

I ordered 1,250 rounds of various ammo from AIM Monday evening, it will be here Friday. Does that turn around time work for you?

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Greg Cote has Glock 17 mags for $22.95, 44mag.com has the same mag for $24.99 but you don't pay sales tax from 44mag.com. Mr Cote is in MD. No, I didn't figure sales tax. Cote has free shipping on Glock mags on orders over $200 where 44mag.com charges $5 shipping.

Other sources had Glock mags higher.

kralizec

May 1, 2008
    Northeast
    I ordered 1,250 rounds of various ammo from AIM Monday evening, it will be here Friday. Does that turn around time work for you?

It would, but I'm not ordering bulk. I'm just looking to pick up a hundred or so rounds. Paying shipping on that wouldn't make sense.
    It's for one of those name exchange things with a dollar limit. I got my BIL and figured I'd get him something for his new pistol. I was aiming for a mag or two and some ammo.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    How do the Korean mags measure up against the factory glock mags?

Those Korean mags are junk. I made that mistake once. I'd rather pay double for factory mags than have those Koreans.

Some might say they're OK for the range, but I don't do the whole range use only thing. If I'm going to have something, it's gonna work everytime. No sense in having one of the most reliable handguns made, and having it F up from using cheap mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom