• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    Are you going to make it? Doc Lane said you'd be there...he's still working on his R10 repeater. I'll have my Eliseo R5 out there, but I'll be shooting service rifle across the course on Saturday. Looks like there'll be a bunch of squids getting their training on (full range of experience from newbie to old salt...I'm somewhere in between).

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Yep, I even emailed my registration in. I was afraid it would fill up on Sunday:sad20:
    Actually they can handle 48 shooters so I doubt it, but New Holland filled their September mid-range/F-class match but they can only handle 40 shooters.

I think with this being the last match around everyone wants to get last licks in on the '10 season.

I somehow had the feeling that you knew Doc:innocent0
    High Power is a small world.

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    The Naval Academy will have a bunch of shooters there on Sunday, maybe a few on Saturday as well. I've recruited 4 or 5 new shooters to come out and shoot it as well...always better with a full firing line.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Wow! Great Weekend! I just got back. Boy am I worn out! I met fellow MDS members fa18hooker and Nanook. They brought their Navy team with them. The Naval Academy team came out Sunday as well for the 3x600 Midrange prone match.

Conditions were quite challenging both days. With my skill (or lack thereof) I couldn't tell what was me and what was the wind. On Saturday in the 800 agg, I shot 715 (don't know the X count yet), a personal best. This is an expert-class score (89.375%)--my first on the full course. Sitting rapid was a personal best with 95 (my best first string ever) and 98 (best ever) for a 193 (best ever). Everything else was mediocre for me: 168 offhand & slow prone, 186 rapid prone (94 and 92).

I don't know how the classes broke down: whether a marksman class, marksman/sharpshooter combined, or experts and below class formed. So I don't know if I won anything. I'll post more when I get results (mid-week).

The 3x600 match was a full house with 4 relays running. COnditions were challenging, even for the High Masters.

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    Results are in...some tricky winds at 600 had a lot of the long range scores down...or maybe I just sucked. Thinking about going out there to do some long range practice this month.

Tried to copy and paste, but the formatting doesn't transfer, and I'm not spending a half hour tabbing through all the numbers...so here it is in .pdf

Attachments

• November2010[1].pdf
      54.4 KB · Views: 116

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    The other point I meant to make is for all those folks intimidated by highpower, or any competition for that matter...take a look at these scores, and you'll see that not everyone out there is a dinger. If your ego requires that you win at everything that you do, then maybe don't come out...but if you're up for having a good time, learning a ton from other folks (I learned a lot about reading the wind this weekend...might not reflect in my scores, but now I have the academic knowledge).

Point of my rant: if you're intimidated or hesitant, take a look at these scores...some of them are in the "other" category of "goods and others"...and many of these guys are brand new...some had not even shot an AR-15 (but based on the experience, I would say if you want to come to one of these matches you need to have some background...maybe an afternoon session at 100 yards to start)...but come out, learn about long range shooting, and grow the sport! JJBDuke has chronicled his growth in the sport on these pages, and it's great to see his scores progressing quickly!

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Yup, results are in. A marksman class did not form, but I ended up second in the experts & below class with my 715-6X.

I won the combined class for Match 2 (200 yd Rapid Sitting/Kneeling) shooting 193-4X. Combined with my 186-1X rapid prone (Match 3) score that led to a class win in Match 5 Rapid Fire aggregate.

So who was that masked :ninja: mystery MDShooter who came from out of nowhere to come in second place overall, winning the Master-class overall (and in offhand, sitting, and rapid fire agg), and winning Match 3 outright? :innocent0

And he shot 199s in both rapid fire stages (that's one string each of a perfect 100 combined with a string of 99).

To borrow a phrase heard on nationalmatch.us that was a "posterior impacting with pedal appendage" performance. :spank:

Very well done! :mdpatriot

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom