• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Ok...I guess I didn't notice that

You're right.....my emotions got the best of me and I said my peace....

Name Calling is wrong I apologize. Now shoot Rifles on the Rifle Range , Pistols on the Pistol Range , Shot Guns on the Shot Gun Range....unless you're shooting Slugs.....then you can use the Rifle Range.

BTW.... The Written Rules also don't say the following.

Shooting yourself or other shooters is prohibited.

But like having 3 ranges for 3 classes of guns we expect you won't do that. :innocent0

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    If that is all that it takes for you to fly off the handle Id rather not even be in your vacinity. Maybe the RSO should be enforcing SAFETY RULES and written rules not personal pet peeves. Who said Ive given a RSO attitude? Ive been to several other ranges and never had this issue... And if were handing out pats on the backs Ive taken home peoples dumped trash, target stands that were left, and swept up .22 casings, taken extra drinks on hot days, its called being a decent human being!

That's great Kim and I personally appreciate that.... as far as personal pet peave.. It's not.... It's a rule and I already sent ENSF an email telling the DNR officer he needs to address this.

Kim79

Kim
    Feb 19, 2009
    North East MD
    I may stand corrected but I met JSL at En once and he use to run the range in HDG if Im correct. Its been a while since my husbands been on a MD LE range but Im SURE it was him

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    For what it is worth, although it may not be written on a piece of paper, it is most definitely implied and clearly supported by MOST shooters, that you fire rifles on the RIFLE RANGE, and pistols on the PISTOL RANGE.

By the same token, it doesn't enhance one's position to profainly describe others. Yes, as I said before, there are "Yahoos" and "Cowboys" that show up, mostly on the weekends.

Just sayin'

Kim79

Kim
    Feb 19, 2009
    North East MD
    I could care less what you personally appreciate. Where is this written rule? Thats all I ask for. Maybe when enough of us SAFE , SANE shooters get fed up with the quick tempered, name calling RSO. There will be no need for them . And as far as not shooting other people really? Are you resorting to something that stupid?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I could care less what you personally appreciate. Where is this written rule? Thats all I ask for. Maybe when enough of us SAFE , SANE shooters get fed up with the quick tempered, name calling RSO. There will be no need for them . And as far as not shooting other people really? Are you resorting to something that stupid?

Really? You need a rule that says to shoot rifles on the rifle range and pistols on the pistol range?

I guess you didn't hear about the guy who shot the two girls there, I think that is what tzoid is referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    99% of the patrons that shoot at ENSF are great people... unfortunantly
    the 1% that want to hang fishing line from the baffles for targets , shoot milk jugs , use lawn chairs for target stands... ( That's a new one ) argue when you ask for their range pass , muzzle sweep the line and leave a mess for others to clean up ruin things for others.

50 bucks a year or 10 bucks a day is pretty good for a pretty good range.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010

Kim, it's called "common courtesy". When my stupid self showed up at the Elk Neck Range for the first time, I saw a sign that says, "Rifle Range", and one that says, "Pistol Range". Having both with me, I fired my rifle, packed up, and moved over to the pistol range. NOBODY had to TELL me.

Kim79

Kim
    Feb 19, 2009
    North East MD
    Ive always talked to the other shooters on the range and noone has ever had problems with me shooting a handgun on the rifle range. As a matter of fact, Ive had other peoples wives shooting my handgun on the rifle range.. Maybe Ive just been lucky to shoot with seasoned shooters..

Kim79

Kim
    Feb 19, 2009
    North East MD
    Really? You need a rule that says to shoot rifles on the rifle range and pistols on the pistol range?

I guess you didn't hear about the guy who shit the two girls there, I think that is what tzoid is referring to.

So he shot the two women because he was shooting a handgun on the rifle range?

It was deemed important enough to mention shotgun, so why not handgun??

Kim79

Kim
    Feb 19, 2009
    North East MD
    NOBODY has ever told me either. Like said previously its never been a problem for me or the people on the range with me, and Im a pretty approachable person. It also says rifle range.. the shot gun deck is off to the right, but guess what the rules say. So excuse me if my STUPID self read that wrong..

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Ive always talked to the other shooters on the range and noone has ever had problems with me shooting a handgun on the rifle range. As a matter of fact, Ive had other peoples wives shooting my handgun on the rifle range..

Lot's of people won't SAY anything, but in their mind they are thinking "YAHOO!!!"

Maybe Ive just been lucky to shoot with seasoned shooters..

You can stop that noise at ANY time.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007

Kim,

The reason the RSO program was started was because someone accidentally shot 2 people at the pistol range... I guess ENSF should have had that posted in the rules :rolleyes:

You are clearly one of those partons that make things difficult because you know it all and want things your way... I say shoot your pistol on the rifle range or whatever you want... Let the DNR deal with you

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    NOBODY has ever told me either. Like said previously its never been a problem for me or the people on the range with me, and Im a pretty approachable person. It also says rifle range.. the shot gun deck is off to the right, but guess what the rules say. So excuse me if my STUPID self read that wrong..

PLEASE tell me you only go to ENSF on weekends, PLEASE!!!

Kim79

Kim
    Feb 19, 2009
    North East MD
    I doubt someone asking to let thier wife try something out is thinking yahoo..Like I said Ill stick to during the week with the older guys. Maybe someone will approach the people shooting at the ground or shooting gangster style at the pistol range.. I feel like I need to contact the MVA when I got my CDL noone told me not to run people over...

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    I doubt someone asking to let thier wife try something out is thinking yahoo..

Kim.... DANG!!! Why are trying to defend the idefensible? An RSO just told you that the rules, written or otherwise implied, are what they are and yet you want to continue to argue this silly point. How about, "Wow, thanks for telling, because I didn't realize that"?

Like I said Ill stick to during the week with the older guys.

I AM one of the older guys that shoots during the week. Fortunately, we haven't been there at the same time.

Maybe someone will approach the people shooting at the ground or shooting gangster style at the pistol range..

Read my post above, I have.

I feel like I need to contact the MVA when I got my CDL noone told me not to run people over...

Huh?

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Not anymore. The voluteer RSO's are there on the weekends now. The weekends I have worked there have been no "yahoos" or "cowboys" there. If they are, they are taken care of quickly.

Sorry, perhaps I should clarify, we're talking about before the incident where the two women got shot. I don't know about the weekends now. I still don't go on weekends because:

A: My past experience.

B: Nothing against the RSO's, for I truly appreciate your volunteerism, but I can police myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom