• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Do we know if any of those that voted against are on the fence?

I'm all for the McDonald hammer, but actually convincing people with logic can lead to less fighting the same issues over a d over again.

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    Do we know if any of those that voted against are on the fence?

I'm all for the McDonald hammer, but actually convincing people with logic can lead to less fighting the same issues over a d over again.
    Only the House Judiciary Committee got to vote. They chose on which side of the fence they are. None of them are "on the fence" anymore.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Only the House Judiciary Committee got to vote. They chose on which side of the fence they are. None of them are "on the fence" anymore.

Yeah, I guess I meant do any of the committee members who voted for the unfavorable resolution seem like they're reasonable and is there any possibility of swaying them if they're still on the committee next year.

Since the vote was 12-10 and was the closest ever on a concealed carry vote, some folks must have come over to our side. Are there others that can be moved?

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    My God is it a requirement to look frumpy to be on this committee. I wouldn't leave my daughter with any of these people.

A Lack Of Justice On The Judiciary Committee.
    The Dirty Dozen are Enemies of law abiding Marylanders.
    Maryland's 12 ********** ******** voted against HB-52.
    FIRE THEM ALL.
    Target Al 12 ********** ******** For Defeat In November Elections:

1198-1-343c.jpg
    JOSEPH F. VALLARIO, JR.
    Democrat, District 27A, Calvert & Prince George's Counties

1198-1-3793b.jpg
    SAMUEL I. (SANDY) ROSENBERG
    Democrat, District 41, Baltimore City

1198-1-1587b.jpg
    BENJAMIN S. BARNES
    Democrat, District 21, Anne Arundel & Prince George's Counties

1198-1-1625b.jpg
    FRANK M. CONAWAY, JR.
    Democrat, District 40, Baltimore City

1198-1-122c.jpg
    KATHLEEN M. DUMAIS
    Democrat, District 15, Montgomery County

1198-1-1638b.jpg
    BENJAMIN F. KRAMER
    Democrat, District 19, Montgomery County

1198-1-390c.jpg
    SUSAN C. LEE
    Democrat, District 16, Montgomery County

1198-1-1647b.jpg
    GERRON S. LEVI
    Democrat, District 23A, Prince George's County

1198-1-3280b.jpg
    VICTOR R. RAMIREZ
    Democrat, District 47, Prince George's County

1198-1-3614b.jpg
    LUIZ R. S. SIMMONS
    Democrat, District 17, Montgomery County

1198-1-1598b.jpg
    KRISELDA VALDERRAMA
    Democrat, District 26, Prince George's

1198-1-2692b.jpg
    JEFFREY D. WALDSTREICHER
    Democrat, District 18, Montgomery County

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    :shocked:

Jill Carter and Curt Anderson voted FOR this?

What has the world come to?

Carter is one of my delegates (Rosenberg and some other convicted thief are the other two). I think I will actually send her a letter thanking her for her vote.

Anderson, while having voted properly, still needs to explain why he should have a permit and no one else.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Anderson, while having voted properly, still needs to explain why he should have a permit and no one else.

why do you think he voted our way? After the belly punch he got during testimony on that issue, I think we may have gained a vote. :D

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    10 of the 12 NO votes came from Mont Co and PG Co. Two counties with high crime rates and lots of "progressive" voters. Pathetic how two DC counties are controlling the will of the entire state (with help from the sheep of Baltimore City)

jhason

Jan 29, 2009
    MontCo
    I live in MoCo. You can't imagine how liberal it is here. But I now know who to vote out this coming November.

Jhason

10 of the 12 NO votes came from Mont Co and PG Co. Two counties with high crime rates and lots of "progressive" voters. Pathetic how two DC counties are controlling the will of the entire state (with help from the sheep of Baltimore City)

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE

How do you think O'Malley was elected? Hmmmm???? :innocent0

Trapper

I'm a member too.
    Feb 19, 2009
    Western AA county
    Ben Barnes is one of my AA county reps. I've never gotten a reply from him. I'll be putting his opponent's sign in my yard this year. Maybe I'll add one that says he wants criminals to have more protection than citizens.... or something to that effect that I can prove with his voting record.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    I live in MoCo. You can't imagine how liberal it is here. But I now know who to vote out this coming November.

Jhason

Agreed. It's all those damned politicians, lawyers and judges who live out in Potomac/Bethesda area and all have concealed permits. But god forbid the average citizen has one :sad20:

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    MoCo strikes again. I think for the first time I will vote R all the way down in the local elections. If I see a D next to the name I better know him as a staunch 2A supporter. I mean that he needs to be on record about undoing the NFA at a minimum.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    I got 2 emails back last night regarding HB52:

From Schuh -" Thanks for your email, would you send us your home address and telephone number"

From Robinson - "Thanks for your email"

Nice response:sad20:

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    Reply back from Your message was deleted without being read on Thursday, April 08, 2010 10:04:11 AM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final-recipient: RFC822; Samuel.Rosenberg@house.state.md.us
    Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted
    X-MSExch-Correlation-Key: i6WkdAYsR0yhhVsZ7oqjGw==
    X-Display-Name: Rosenberg, Samuel Delegate

this is a shame!!!

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Reply back from Your message was deleted without being read on Thursday, April 08, 2010 10:04:11 AM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final-recipient: RFC822; Samuel.Rosenberg@house.state.md.us
    Disposition: automatic-action/MDN-sent-automatically; deleted
    X-MSExch-Correlation-Key: i6WkdAYsR0yhhVsZ7oqjGw==
    X-Display-Name: Rosenberg, Samuel Delegate

this is a shame!!!
    You should email him specifically and copy your delegates directly in the email's CC line, and ask him why it is ok to "ignore" a citizen of the state when he represents the entire state on the committee. Just because your opinion doesn't agree with his, it's ok for the democratic (form) of representation to ignore you?

Probably will get deleted again, but, at least your delegates know who to lean on in the future.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS copy YOUR delegates or state senator when you email the committees. Even if they don't serve on those committees, when they members who do get inquiries from other members of the legislature, it puts pressure on them to vote the right way.

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    Ben Barnes is one of my AA county reps. I've never gotten a reply from him. I'll be putting his opponent's sign in my yard this year. Maybe I'll add one that says he wants criminals to have more protection than citizens.... or something to that effect that I can prove with his voting record.

This guy pissed me off when I lived in MD. He grew up in the same area as I did, which is a very conservative friendly place to raise kids. He also never bothered to return any of my e-mails either. I hope you can get rid of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom