• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 05FLHT

Jan 14, 2011
    Actually, our CCW bill is HB148. Although the final version is yet to be released.
    This is the latest update from our NRA lobbyist, Todd Vandermyde.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24908

Optimism is very high right now that a carry bill can be passed this year. Daley has acknowledged RTC exists and rumors are rampant that Cullerton (Senate) and Madigan (House) are looking to make deals to allow for the vote.

Walter

May 23, 2010
    Actually, our CCW bill is HB148. Although the final version is yet to be released.
    This is the latest update from our NRA lobbyist, Todd Vandermyde.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24908

Optimism is very high right now that a carry bill can be passed this year. Daley has acknowledged RTC exists and rumors are rampant that Cullerton (Senate) and Madigan (House) are looking to make deals to allow for the vote.

I stand corrected. After reading the post you linked to, it seems there's definitely have a reason to be optimistic. Good luck and I hope it passes :thumbsup:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It's Illinois, I'm not convinced there not holding a wild card we don't want to see. They could be running scared.

But then again, if you remove Chicago, IL is fairly pro-gun.

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    It's Illinois...if you remove Chicago, IL is fairly pro-gun.

Exactly. My family has lived in Southern Illinois for centuries. Down staters are a different breed than the wickedness bred in Chicago (or most places North of Kankakee). They are very much what Obama dislikes: gun toting, bible thumping, conservative farmers.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Exactly. My family has lived in Southern Illinois for centuries. Down staters are a different breed than the wickedness bred in Chicago (or most places North of Kankakee). They are very much what Obama dislikes: gun toting, bible thumping, conservative farmers.

Hear, hear!

But then, "downstate" can be anything south of Normal, west of Rockford, and north of Waukegan (exclusive of Champaign/Urbana, of course)!!!

:D

Wife's family is from Kewanee and Mt Pulaski... can't get too much more rural or independent!!

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    My first impression was IL, as in Chicago ... NFW.

Realizing the error in my thinking, this could be a good thing. Let's keep an eye on it.

Of course, with RahmBo in the Mayor's seat, he'll create a crisis that could undermine the whole thing.

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    Hear, hear!

But then, "downstate" can be anything south of Normal, west of Rockford, and north of Waukegan (exclusive of Champaign/Urbana, of course)!!!

Wife's family is from Kewanee and Mt Pulaski... can't get too much more rural or independent!!

I'm from central Illinois and it is the exact polar opposite of those communist freaks that inhabit Chicago. I still can't figure out how such a small voting block in Chicago totally wipes out the rest of the state. They must be counting those damn ballots as three votes or something.

hailtoby

Running with the Devil.
    Sep 5, 2009
    Charles County
    I'm from central Illinois and it is the exact polar opposite of those communist freaks that inhabit Chicago. I still can't figure out how such a small voting block in Chicago totally wipes out the rest of the state. They must be counting those damn ballots as three votes or something.

We're not all communist freaks. :)

IL total pop ~12MM
    Cook county pop ~5MM

Thats almost 42%. If you add Lake county (northside), that puts it at about 50%. Not really a small voting block.

racinghoss

Missing Alaska
    Nov 3, 2008
    Hear, hear!

Right. "Down-stater" is a Chicagoan term used for what the rest of us would call normal folk.

Even Champaign-Urbana is not all bad. My alma-mater is UIUC and I found several pockets of "non-lefties" there.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Right. "Down-stater" is a Chicagoan term used for what the rest of us would call normal folk.

Even Champaign-Urbana is not all bad. My alma-mater is UIUC and I found several pockets of "non-lefties" there.

Same as "Upstate New York" is everything outside of NYC. And just like IL, NYS is pretty good when you don't include Bloomberg's domain.

But until IL tells Chicago to piss off, I refuse to spend my money in that state if I can avoid it.

05FLHT

Jan 14, 2011
    We're not all communist freaks. :)

IL total pop ~12MM
    Cook county pop ~5MM

Thats almost 42%. If you add Lake county (northside), that puts it at about 50%. Not really a small voting block.

This is the problem.

Remember, until recently, people who lived in the City of Chicago did not even have the ability to buy a handgun to keep in their own home.

05FLHT

Jan 14, 2011
    HB148 passed out of the Agriculture and Conservation committee today, 12-2 (6 Dems/6 Repubs).

Although a RTC bill has made it out before, this one looks like it's going to be called to the floor for a vote.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Also, the reciprocity bill mentioned by OP (HB3130) also passed out of committee (same 12-2 vote) with a "Do Pass" recommendation.

Conventional Wisdom is that Illinois is going Shall Issue this year. The Senate President (D) there is supposedly letting it go for a floor vote due to serious pressure from this downstate Dem peers. Daley being gone has to help, too. I think he - as mayor - had more actual power than the governor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom