• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Dems want gun control but...

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/374961-dems-want-gun-control-but-worry-it-could-cost-them-midterms

But the issue is a delicate one for party leaders hoping to flip both chambers in this year’s midterm elections by defeating Republicans in conservative-leaning districts where tougher gun laws can be radioactive.

As the issue continues to dominate the headlines, some Democrats back an understated approach, particularly with vulnerable Democrats like Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.) and Joe Manchin (W.Va.) up for reelection in red states.

Understated, as in lie about true intentions. Watch the CNN town hall. They want to ban all guns. They called the Feinstein gun ban of 200 rifles a good start. And Md democrats have introduced a magazine ban that would make hundreds of thousands of Marylanders instant criminals.

Like 2014, look at the local state bills to see the real intent.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think people have become complacent and let their guard down because Trump is in office and Republicans hold the Senate

The 2019 Senate will confirm, likely, 2 Justices.

Dems are downplaying their goals and hoping people don't notice.

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    I think people have become complacent and let their guard down because Trump is in office and Republicans hold the Senate

The 2019 Senate will confirm, likely, 2 Justices.

Dems are downplaying their goals and hoping people don't notice.

I really hope two years from now we can look back and say you were excessively worried. But at this moment, every bit of concern you voiced is very much warranted.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Democrats are hoping that the newly "woke" people will believe the truth about "We don't want to ban all guns, we just want to pass reasonable restrictions."

Republicans need to run ads reminding voters of Democrats true intentions, like the comment about "If I had the votes, Mr. and Ms. American, turn them in" or how Charles Schumer sabotaged the Manchin Toomey act.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Let Them ...
    Democrats are hoping that the newly "woke" people will believe the truth about "We don't want to ban all guns, we just want to pass reasonable restrictions."

Republicans need to run ads reminding voters of Democrats true intentions, like the comment about "If I had the votes, Mr. and Ms. American, turn them in" or how Charles Schumer sabotaged the Manchin Toomey act.
    Dems want gun control, but worry it could cost them midterms
    As the issue continues to dominate the headlines, some Democrats back an understated approach, particularly with vulnerable Democrats like Sens. Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.) and Joe Manchin (W.Va.) up for reelection in red states.

But the issue is a delicate one for party leaders hoping to flip both chambers in this year’s midterm elections by defeating Republicans in conservative-leaning districts where tougher gun laws can be radioactive.

One former Democratic leadership aide put it bluntly: “How do you keep from having a conversation about sensible changes be turned into ‘They want to take your guns away'?”

Meredith Kelly, spokeswoman for the House Democrats’ campaign arm, said the party has no plan for a national messaging strategy on gun reform, citing the “geographically and culturally diverse House battlefield.”

“For some candidates, gun violence prevention could be a much-discussed issue, particularly in the suburbs or where there’s sadly been a recent gun-related tragedy,” she said. “For others, it’s just not part of the local conversation and it won’t necessarily be the first foot they put forward in terms of messaging.”
    Not just having Republicans run ads. WE need to attack them head-on with our own media onslaught. That azzhole Rep. from Florida who was on with Tucker Carlson tonight should have his interview plastered on social media 24/7 until election day in the Sunshine State.

Same here in the PRofMD ... Madaleno, Ramirez, Frosh, the list goes on ... I've got enough negative headlines and videos stored up to put their gun-grabbing ways to shame. Just because they want to focus on emotions rather than facts, it's no time to shrink back for fear of offending a bunch of snowflake millennials. The BEST defense is a good offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom