• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Testimony from a Marylander wrongfully arrested when the State Police told the arresting trooper that his permit was not valid thought it was. After discovering that they had erred in his arrest, the State Police weaponized his permit restrictions against him, telling him that he should expect to be charged for carrying outside of his restrictions.

In the end the charges didn't materialize, but the damage was done. After fearing an end to his livelihood, his ability to protect himself and his family, hits to his reputation, and having to shell out thousands from hiring a criminal defense attorney, he decided to appeal the restrictions on his permit to the Handgun Permit Review Board. His case shows beyond a doubt that MD's permitting scheme puts permit holders in legal jeopardy despite their best intentions and behavior.

MSI NEEDS YOUR HELP! MSI works tirelessly to ensure that your 2nd Amendment rights are restored in Maryland. Join or donate to this grassroots organization today to keep the fight going!
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/join

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    As bad as that is it still doesn’t help the average joe who is turned down from the get go and has his ap sent back for lack of g and s.

Md sucks

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Recall reading this story long ago. I put my MD permit in my desk drawer after that enlightening information.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    BGOS, BGOS everywhere....

I'm sure it was icy at least once or twice this winter.

Marylanders, the average joe, has bgos because md batters them. Period.

Unless you have a buisness and plenty of time and money to allow you to get a restricted permit to get the restrictions removed from you don’t pass the md ccw scheme. The average guy has zero chance. And until the makeup of the mga changes that’s the way it will always be unless folks move to free America.

It can be sugar coated any way someone wants but that turd will still taste bad.

So now it’s better to be judged by twelve than carried by six I say

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty

Testimony from a Marylander wrongfully arrested when the State Police told the arresting trooper that his permit was not valid thought it was. After discovering that they had erred in his arrest, the State Police weaponized his permit restrictions against him, telling him that he should expect to be charged for carrying outside of his restrictions.

In the end the charges didn't materialize, but the damage was done. After fearing an end to his livelihood, his ability to protect himself and his family, hits to his reputation, and having to shell out thousands from hiring a criminal defense attorney, he decided to appeal the restrictions on his permit to the Handgun Permit Review Board. His case shows beyond a doubt that MD's permitting scheme puts permit holders in legal jeopardy despite their best intentions and behavior.

MSI NEEDS YOUR HELP! MSI works tirelessly to ensure that your 2nd Amendment rights are restored in Maryland. Join or donate to this grassroots organization today to keep the fight going!
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/join

But, but, but, but Sargent Moriarty said this has never happened and is not an issue and don't have to worry about being arrested for carrying outside my restrictions. He said that I decide when I am conducting business as owner of X business.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Marylanders, the average joe, has bgos because md batters them. Period.

Unless you have a buisness and plenty of time and money to allow you to get a restricted permit to get the restrictions removed from you don’t pass the md ccw scheme. The average guy has zero chance. And until the makeup of the mga changes that’s the way it will always be unless folks move to free America.

It can be sugar coated any way someone wants but that turd will still taste bad.

So now it’s better to be judged by twelve than carried by six I say

I've hear on these forums that there is a move by the MGA to dissolve the handgun board and replace it with an administrative judge that would rule on the appeals. If an experienced judge, perhaps more familiar with and receptive to law based arguments than the HPRB? If in a court, perhaps the proceedings would become public record and subject to review by average citizens? Whom would appoint the judge? I can see this being a good thing or a bad thing for Gun owners with a desire.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I've hear on these forums that there is a move by the MGA to dissolve the handgun board and replace it with an administrative judge that would rule on the appeals. If an experienced judge, perhaps more familiar with and receptive to law based arguments than the HPRB? If in a court, perhaps the proceedings would become public record and subject to review by average citizens? Whom would appoint the judge? I can see this being a good thing or a bad thing for Gun owners with a desire.

The problem is that it would never be the same judge if you went for an appeal. The chief justice would appoint a new judge every time an appeal was heard. Example if 5 appeals were heard one week then 7 days later 5 appeals were heard again it would not be the same judge hearing the appeal. That is a bad thing for people who are appealing MSP decision.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Apologies to anyone having a hard time deciphering what he's saying in all this. I will iron-out subtitles in YouTube in when time allows.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Glad you mention that. Many have cited laws and rights being the catalyst to prevail at the board. Not sure why if that is the case, so much angst at sitting in front of an attorney with like argument. The hired arbiters are not a coven of leftist sympathizers as many paint it. Applicants may have much easier, closer access to a hearing. If you keep the HPRB, who do you think fills it when a Democrat is Governor again? I'm not 100% sure Hogan is getting reelected. I'm really not so sure if the Dems may come to regret going this route.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I have not heard of any decision to overturn by HPRB being appealed by MSP to the courts. I suspect that MSP may have little desire for their decisions coming under the scrutiny of the court system.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Doesn’t Jersey use judges for appeals? We see how wonderful it works there

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    New Jersey uses Judges to ISSUE .

Our NJ members correct me if I'm wrong, but I have the impression the Judges mainly just follow the recomendations of the investigating PD .

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    New Jersey uses Judges to ISSUE .

Our NJ members correct me if I'm wrong, but I have the impression the Judges mainly just follow the recomendations of the investigating PD .

From what I recall it's the Chief LEO that makes the decision than you can appeal. Or is that just for purchasing

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Recall reading this story long ago. I put my MD permit in my desk drawer after that enlightening information.

I've been told I have BGOS for not wanting to risk my ability to own a gun due to this MSP BS.

But hey I guess it's easy to smear people when you have virtually an unrestricted permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom