• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ravaex

Jul 26, 2017
    Baltimore
    Hello, I am aware that you cannot purchase Magazines in excess of 10 rounds in the state of MD, but can purchase modified large magazines(locked at 10rnds) or normal large magazines out of state and bring them back in. I recently purchased a Canik TP9 SFX and would like to purchase additional factory magazines for it( which are 20 rounds)Question: How would I go about finding a place that sells them near MD or a place that sells the pinned ones in MD? simple searches online provide me with several places to order the magazines, but obviously they don't ship to MD -_-.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Heeeeeeeere...we go!

Welcome to the forum! We encourage you to go the Introductions Thread to tell the rest of us in this here community a little bit about yourself.

All of the states touching Maryland are generally about an hour away. Find a gun show out of state that you want to go to and buy all the the 10+ mags you want. Don't waste your money for pinned mags, except for specific hunting regs you wish to follow.

Keep in mind you will not be able to bring any of these back for anyone else here in MD. Everyone who obtains these mags out of state must do so in person.

Enjoy your shopping!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Go to introductions. introduce yourself.

Try utilizing the search function.

Go out of state to get a standard capacity magazine.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Pick which state is closest, do an internet search for gun stores in towns over the line, call those stores until you find the mag in stock (or somebody who will order them in for you), drive over and pick them up.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Forgive the reaction you are about to get from those on the board.... same question has been asked, re-asked, and hashed to death on dozens of different postings by new members recently.

Welcome to the community... get to know us and you'll like it here.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Was it a silly question? Forgive me I am new to the system.

No, not silly...it's just that this time of year (elections, politics, etc), this forum seems to get a bunch of people starting threads about 10+ standard capacity mags and the threads often have an anti-gun "gotcha" smell about it from people hoping to create controversy about the subjects of mags.

We know you are not a SecretSquirrel.

Ravaex

Jul 26, 2017
    Baltimore
    Oh i see, well I am not one of those people, The gentlemen at the gun shop that i frequent recommended joining MD shooters and becoming Familiar with the forums for any questions i may have and update or problems with both firearms and laws in the state. This was just my first time logging in is all. I'll go to the introductions section.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Oh i see, well I am not one of those people, The gentlemen at the gun shop that i frequent recommended joining MD shooters and becoming Familiar with the forums for any questions i may have and update or problems with both firearms and laws in the state. This was just my first time logging in is all. I'll go to the introductions section.

Most folks in MD suffer from Battered Gun Owners Syndrome. That's where the response you got comes form. As Rack said, folks get sensitive as the temps drop and the legislature is about to convene.

Welcome to the club.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Most of the usual sellers just outside Md borders stock oversize printed periodicals, and are glad to sell them to anyone with cash or plastic in hand . Well over 18 for the ones wrapped in plastic over in one corner of the magazine rack .

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I get mine at gun shows in PA and Cabelas in DE. The suggestions for the show in VA is valid but may be further than DE? If you live in Baltimore DE is a straight shot up 95 which will likely be less congested than VA/Capital beltway.

Thanks for the intro. ;)

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Hello, I am aware that you cannot purchase Magazines in excess of 10 rounds in the state of MD, but can purchase modified large magazines(locked at 10rnds) or normal large magazines out of state and bring them back in. I recently purchased a Canik TP9 SFX and would like to purchase additional factory magazines for it( which are 20 rounds)Question: How would I go about finding a place that sells them near MD or a place that sells the pinned ones in MD? simple searches online provide me with several places to order the magazines, but obviously they don't ship to MD -_-.
    Don't think anyone meant to be grumpy, but questions like this on your 4th post throw up red flags around here. Just to confirm, only mags up to 10 rounds are legal for purchase IN Maryland. Just stick to buying 10 rounders IN Maryland.

To my knowledge (IANAL) you can order standard or large capacity magazines and have them shipped to a friend or relative's house outside of MD. However you must:
    1. Place the order/pay for them while you are outside of Maryland because it is illegal to purchase them in Maryland as well.
    2. Personally go and pick them up yourself once they arrive.

I live a mile on the wrong side of the Mason Dixon line but I am in PA just about evey day. I ordered standard capacity magazines (while in PA) and had them shipped to my buddy's house in PA, he let me know when they arrived and I picked them up on the way home from work one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom