• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    mechanicals work fine --killed two deer so far this year with the rage knockoffs from ebay -1 head survived and can be reused -the other destroyed on passthru--no way I would spend $40 for 3 broadheads ever! I have used other mechanicals over the last several years and generally they open up a huge exit wound. If they fly ok for you try them. Just dont plan on using them twice.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm sorry, I love my Shwackers. I think I've lost one deer since I started using them four-five years ago.

Those Trocars look a little flimsy to me.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I'm sorry, I love my Shwackers. I think I've lost one deer since I started using them four-five years ago.
    How is the entrance wound with those? The way they are designed, it looks like they open up when they're already in the chest cavity. I can't see how they would cut skin on impact.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How is the entrance wound with those? The way they are designed, it looks like they open up when they're already in the chest cavity. I can't see how they would cut skin on impact.
    They're not quite like Rages, where they open on the outside. They open as they go through the rib cage. Every Shwacker I've found after shooting a deer has been reusable, sometimes requiring a resharpening.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    It is a stupid law, but I still use fixed blades. Can't beat reliable cut on contact

honestly, Ive gotten used to muzzy's and Ive only lost one deer that Ive shot with one...It must have hit square on the bone and broke its leg but didnt penetrate. found what I thought was decent blood but not lethal. All the rest of the deer since I started using them in 2012 were not lost;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom