• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Can't just have one!

I made fun of a friend who brought his first firearm, and about a year later, had purchased 7!

I now find that I am now in a similar situation, having bought 4 (3 pistols and a rifle). I am constantly tempted to purchase more. WTF!

In addition, I took a Glock Armorer's Course, and am signed up for SOTAR AR15 course in a few weeks.

Is there something akin to a 12-step program? HELP!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This is the 12 step program.
    We're all codependent.

Also you need to buy a shotgun asap.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    the twelve steps:

1) purchase a firearm
    2) need to then purchase ammo for said firearm, while doing that you purchase cool ammo for a caliber you do not have
    3) ugh, purchase another firearm for the new ammo
    4) see a good deal on Colt ejector springs. You buy three.
    5) you then need to pair each spring with a stripped lower
    6) purchase parts to complete the rifles
    7) you are not happy so you purchase a replacement part but get two due to cost of shipping
    8) have to purchase more parts to complete the rifles
    9) decide you like pistols and see cool holsters. You purchase one for the one or few you have yet another not in your caliber looks really tactical and neat
    10) purchase another pistol. You see another firearm in which you may want to dabble
    11) you research and then purchase said firearm
    12) have to buy ammo for the new firearm

Repeat the 12 step program every few months. :)

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    400629_1.jpg

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    the twelve steps:

1) purchase a firearm
    2) need to then purchase ammo for said firearm, while doing that you purchase cool ammo for a caliber you do not have
    3) ugh, purchase another firearm for the new ammo
    4) see a good deal on Colt ejector springs. You buy three.
    5) you then need to pair each spring with a stripped lower
    6) purchase parts to complete the rifles
    7) you are not happy so you purchase a replacement part but get two due to cost of shipping
    8) have to purchase more parts to complete the rifles
    9) decide you like pistols and see cool holsters. You purchase one for the one or few you have yet another not in your caliber looks really tactical and neat
    10) purchase another pistol. You see another firearm in which you may want to dabble
    11) you research and then purchase said firearm
    12) have to buy ammo for the new firearm

Repeat the 12 step program every few months. :)

There must be more than 12 steps. :innocent0
    13. Since you have these new purchases, you might as well reload for them.
    14. Research and select reloading equipment.
    15. Buy dies for all of your calibers.
    16. Buy powder for all of your calibers.
    17. Buy primers for all of your calibers.
    18. Buy bullets for all of your calibers.
    19. Scrounge around at the local range searching for brass for all of your calibers.
    20. Buy more calibers because you found brass for calibers you didn't already have.
    21. Buy a rifle and a pistol in the same calibers since you already load for it.
    22. Join a forum where like minded individuals share ideas.
    23. Get a group of friends that remind you that enough is NEVER enough.
    24. Repeat the whole process.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Cripes! A room FULL of addicts! I mean 12-steppers. So, it doesn't look like I am going to find help here. BUNCH OF ENABLERS!

I actually will get a shotgun or two very soon. Can't seem to help it. My daughter seems to like trap. Pretty good with a pistol and my relatively new LWRC DI.

This makes me wonder why I don't have more gun-addict bankruptcy clients. The urge to accumulate is strong.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Cripes! A room FULL of addicts! I mean 12-steppers. So, it doesn't look like I am going to find help here. BUNCH OF ENABLERS!

I actually will get a shotgun or two very soon. Can't seem to help it. My daughter seems to like trap. Pretty good with a pistol and my relatively new LWRC DI.

This makes me wonder why I don't have more gun-addict bankruptcy clients. The urge to accumulate is strong.

Yes, your daughter seems to like trap.

PERFECT!

You're learning.......:D

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Hahaha. So, the trick is to blame one's offspring? Thanks for the helpful hint!

Blame you say? Oh No HELL No! I'm not sure that even I can fix you.

But....Let me try to help you with this.

You are doing what any good father would and should do in promoting and furthering your daughter's interest in the shooting sports.

Now isn't that better?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Hahaha. So, the trick is to blame one's offspring? Thanks for the helpful hint!

Did anyone mention the CMP sells surplus rifles and ammo?
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

:innocent0

I am also going to help a friend who has a recent interest in guns. We are planning to take a day and go from gun store to gun store so I can point out all the places he should avoid and the different choices of possible things that may tempt him. And as we travel I will go over Maryland laws so he will know how to avoid pitfalls if he succumbs to any of the tempting offers.

We will probably see a thousand guns depending how much time it takes him to look. Then I will give him a list of stores that are further away in case he feels he needs reinforcement. I have already given him links to MDS and our Industry Partners.

I wonder why some people think I am a bad influence?

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    19. Scrounge around at the local range searching for brass for all of your calibers.
    20. Buy more calibers because you found brass for calibers you didn't already have.
    21. Buy a rifle and a pistol in the same calibers since you already load for it.

CombatAK is living the process. :thumbsup:

Everybody begins their journey with a first gun. From there, the paths to travel are many. As Yogi Berra once said, "When you reach a fork in the road, take it".

Six or seven is a good beginning of a collection. Heck, you can store them all in only one safe. But it's simply a beginning. Reality: there is no end to the road... it goes on and on further over the horizon than you can see.

OP, get a C&R license. You've only just begun...

;)

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome, from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    awesome

And there you go. advanced 12 step lolol

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    And do not forget,,,you NEED to have a 1911 in 45acp asap.

I have a friend who has a silver/nickel 1911, in very nice shape. He hadn't shot or cleaned it in almost 20 years. I disassembled took it apart, cleaned and oiled it for him. It was very dry inside, but no sign of any rust. Nice gun. I am only familiar with Glocks, so the disassembly was quite a bit harder than I am used to.

He wants to get rid of it, but didn't know how to go about it. He is in VA.

I am tempted to buy it from him. He wants a Glock 19, and he might trade it with me.

So, according to the fellow loonies in here, I need to get 1911 and a shotgun or two. Assuming that I get the 1911 from him, where is a good place to get a Remington 1100 in/near Ellicott City/Clarksville?

Also, a recommendation for a FFL in Howard County would be appreciated.:sad20:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahahaha

I have a friend who has a silver/nickel 1911, in very nice shape. He hadn't shot or cleaned it in almost 20 years. I disassembled took it apart, cleaned and oiled it for him. It was very dry inside, but no sign of any rust. Nice gun. I am only familiar with Glocks, so the disassembly was quite a bit harder than I am used to.

He wants to get rid of it, but didn't know how to go about it. He is in VA.

I am tempted to buy it from him. He wants a Glock 19, and he might trade it with me.

So, according to the fellow loonies in here, I need to get 1911 and a shotgun or two. Assuming that I get the 1911 from him, where is a good place to get a Remington 1100 in/near Ellicott City/Clarksville?

Also, a recommendation for a FFL in Howard County would be appreciated.:sad20:

See? you have not even started step 1 and are already looking for more. Damn we are enablers :) firearms are like Tribbles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom