• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Deadbeat List

This is a list of people who said they wanted to attend, held up slots for others, then never sent a deposit and DID NOT RESPOND TO PMs. I am posting this list to let anyone who does on of these group deals that these people do not follow through and do not have the courtesy to even cancel. For one class, Ed was nice and gave them extra time, which resulted in open slots in a class.

hunter1
    Josh

IMPORTANT

If have not sent a deposit to Ed, DO SO IMMEDIATELY.

Everyone in the the first three classes, should have their deposit to Ed by now. The 4th and 5th classes should have their deposits in Ed ALREADY. Class 6 should get their deposits in by June 24.

BTW, if you sign up and do not send your deposit in a timely manner, if I do any more groups deals, you will be BANNED from them. I have no time for people who do not follow through.

ALL CLASSES WILL BE WEEKENDS.

I started this new thread for the MDS Long Range Shooting class.

The cost for the class is $200. The normal price for a 2 day class would be $450 per student for a group. If not enough people sign up, then the price could go up, or it will be cancelled. Ed is running this class at a bare bones price for MDS.

MAXIMUM number of shooters is 8 per class.

If you want to attend, you need to PM Ed for his address and send a $50 deposit for the class. And Ed will tell you when the remainder will be due.

Post here that you are in, then follow up with a deposit in a REASONABLE time (week or two). Post time/date here is the first cut if we get a lot of people signing up.

This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. Unless YOU die. :)

Having done things like this, making it a hurt a bit is the only way to get people to follow through. Sorry. However to help a bit, you can transfer the deposit to someone else. So if you back out, and can find someone to take your place (or we fill up and there are people waiting), you will get your deposit back.

You will need a rifle and about 200 rounds of quality ammo (GOOD hand loads or match ammo would be best). The class is expected to take you out to 1000 yards. You do not need a special, super fancy rifle, but a scope with repeatable tracking and target type turrets will be a help.

Ed will post any additional requirements.

If you have any questions, please post them here, as if you are wondering, someone else probably is also.

I have moved the list to this first post:

First Course May 14-15

1- Pinecone
    2- DZ
    3- Wayne1one
    4- TheBulge
    5- Drmsparks
    6- elwojo
    7- OPEN
    8- Engine4

Second Course April 30/May 1

1- smdub
    2- snallygaster
    3- redsandman6
    4- Alderleet
    5- magnetic1
    6- Down Zero
    7- INMY01TA
    8- HoCoAR

Third Class - May 21-22 (Confirmed)

1- speed3
    2- shocka04
    3- BeltBuckle
    4- keith hart
    5- Jerry M
    6- 41maghunter
    7- Blackhatch
    8- Broncolou

4th Class - June 18/19 (confirmed)

1- enya60h
    2- justeric
    3- gtodave
    4- SevenT6Vet
    5- trailtoy
    6- JB62's Friend - Matt Hall
    7- boomboom929
    8- pauln

5th class - June 25/26 (confirmed)

1- chevellenut71
    2- MG in MD
    3- CrabbyMcNab
    4- Lexington
    5- Scott - Friend of Lexington
    6- 94hokie
    7- svana
    8- rbird7282

6th Class

1- Ruggedtouch
    2- Rockn93yj
    3- jmira
    4- sureshot
    5- Hunter1
    6- Josh
    7- Casey Gilbert - Rockn93yj's son
    8- sundaeman

Last edited:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I started this new thread for the MDS Long Range Shooting class.

So here are the details. We are booked for the weekend of May 14 - 15.

The cost for the class is $200. The normal price for a 2 day class would be $450 per student for a group. If not enough people sign up, then the price could go up, or it will be cancelled. Ed is running this class at a bare bones price for MDS.

MAXIMUM number of shooters is 8. Which leaves 7 slots open, as I claim the first one. :)

If you want to attend, you need to PM Ed for his address and send a $50 deposit for the class. And Ed will tell you when the remainder will be due.

Post here that you are in, then follow up with a deposit in a REASONABLE time (week or two). Post time/date here is the first cut if we get a lot of people signing up.

This deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE. Unless YOU die. :)

Having done things like this, making it a hurt a bit is the only way to get people to follow through. Sorry. However to help a bit, you can transfer the deposit to someone else. So if you back out, and can find someone to take your place (or we fill up and there are people waiting), you will get your deposit back.

You will need a rifle and about 200 rounds of quality ammo (GOOD hand loads or match ammo would be best). The class is expected to take you out to 1000 yards. You do not need a special, super fancy rifle, but a scope with repeatable tracking and target type turrets will be a help.

Ed will post any additional requirements.

If you have any questions, please post them here, as if you are wondering, someone else probably is also.
    Where can I find Ed's PM?

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    In.

Let me know if you need a hand with logistics. Thanks for putting this together.

See y'all at the diner.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Location will be at the CVT location in Louisa, VA

You could commute, but probably better to stay down there. I will probably drive down on Friday, then drive back on Sunday.

Historic Louisa, Virginia is located on the eastern edge of the Great Smoky Mountains in central Virginia. The community is a convenient drive from Washington, DC, Richmond, Virginia and Charlottesville, Virginia - all of which host international airports and Amtrack rail transport.

https://www.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...addr=19+Well+Rd,+Louisa,+VA+23093&btnG=Search

WRT Ed's PM - http://www.mdshooters.com/member.php?u=343

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I'm in, I'll be contacting Ed today & putting the deposit in the mail. Thanks!

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I've returned my PMs to date. Thank you, guys.

Operations are centered on Louisa, VA. My shop/classroom is a couple miles east of Louisa "city" and the range is a few miles north. If you use the Mineral Restaurant, #42 Davis Highway, Mineral, VA as a destination, you'll be able to plan your route. We'll meet for breakfast and then head out to the shop or range from there.

I make the run from here to BWI in about 2-1/2 hours or a little less.

I find it about the same to go around the west side of I-495 to I-66 to US-15 and then south vs going straight down I-95 and across VA-208 **IF** there is no traffic. Trouble is, I-95 is screwed about 75% of the time once you get south of DC. It's even worse since they converted the HOV lanes to a toll express lanes. I-66 west can be a nightmare in the afternoons too, so think it through.

I also use alternate routes such as US-15 coming south from Fredneck or US-301 south through SoMd and across the $6.00 bridge to VA-3 west. Both of these seem to add a half hour to the BWI run, but may be shorter from where you are originating.

I'd suggest finding a place to stay down here and saving your energy and attention for the class, ESPECIALLY if I-95 is how you plan to travel. For those who wish to stay in the area, PM me with your email and I'll send a comprehensive list of places with short descriptions.

Please let me know if there are any questions. I'll be checking this thread from time to time, but feel free to contact me directly as well.

Thanks for coordinating this Pinecone!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    List moved to Post #1.

So as of now, we ARE FULL with 8 shooters.

Sorry, I did not realize that some people had said they were IN on the other thread. So I will revise the list based on I'M IN post. We already have enough for a second class, if Ed will extend the deal.

I will take additional names as a Wait List, or if enough people are interested, and Ed is willing, we can set up a second weekend.

Those of you on this list, please send my your Real Name, email address, and a phone number. Just so, if I need to get in touch with you.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I think we will end up with a second class. Since we have 12 people in 6 hours and many people do not do MDS from work.

So RELAX.

BUT, if you said you were in, on the other thread, I will take that into account.

Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom