• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    7th grader can’t wear Star Wars shirt to school because of Stormtrooper’s gun
    http://abc13.com/news/7th-graders-star-wars-shirt-banned-at-school/1119401/
    Joe Southern says his son, Colton, wore a shirt depicting the "Star Wars - The Force Awakens" logo, along with a Storm Trooper holding a weapon, to class Thursday at George Junior High School. He's apparently worn it to school several times before without any issue.

On Thursday, though, school officials told Colton the shirt was banned because it has a gun, or at least a picture of what in the movie is weapon.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    They are doing that at UMD. The man with the stadium was a racist, let's change the homage.

Guess Rober E. Lee park needs to be changed too. Or the Jefferson Memorial.

The memory hole is alive and well, and it's scary.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Was asked to visit school years ago to discuss a drawing my son made with a gun in it. I said I would meet only if the librarian was present at the meting. They asked why and i said I wanted them to list all the books that had pictures of guns in them because this is obviously the source of the influence. (He had come home with one just weeks prior so I was poised) I got a call back later that said the meeting wasn't necessary anymore. You just have to apply their own logic back and they crumble.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I teach In a school now that has students wearing camo hunting clothes to school, 3rd graders talking about deer they took win their dad last weekend, and wearing "real tree" " brownells". Etc shirts regularly. This would be just laughed out of the building. AmaIng how different it is in the same place.

TD

May 13, 2005
    But... but...

It's not a 'gun'... it's a 'blaster'!!

Isn't that what they were supposed to call them, instead?!!

Yup, and the ATF can go pound sand as they don't have any say in the regulation of those. HOWEVER, the FDA might have something to say since I think they are the regulatory agency that will be calling the shots on personal energy weapons.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The issue was not the "blaster" AKA gun.

The issue is, Star Wars promotes a belief in a religion called "The Force". You can't talk about or advocate a religion in school. Unless it's Islam. Then you can make kids dress up as muslims, etc.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish

The issue is, Star Wars promotes a belief in a religion called "The Force". You can't talk about or advocate a religion in school. Unless it's Islam. Then you can make kids dress up as muslims, etc.

For the win:bowdown:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

I wanted to post a laughing smiley, but this is unfortunately not the least bit funny. It's downright scary!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I imagine a shirt with this would be expulsion.

220px-Flag_of_the_Rebel_Alliance.svg.png

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Sent my kid to school today in his star wars pants, with a kylo ren shirt, and a star wars hoodie.
    He picked out his outfit this morning. He is more excited about star wars than santa this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom