sign of times to come? liberals, far left looking to buy their first gun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    interestingly enough, many folks are trying to buy a gun. interestingly enough-er, many folks voted and supported no-bammy. to make it MORE interesting, folks from very affluent backgrounds want to join the NRA and get the handgun training, and possibly a wear/carry permit. interestingly, more than the last "interestingly", get another instructor.

NOTE TO INSTRUCTORS, if you aren't comfortable with the student(s), don't do it and report it to the anonymous number provided by the BCPD.

rack and roll: thanks don't own caTS, FIXT.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    interestingly enough, many folks are trying to buy a gun. interestingly enough-er, many folks voted and supported no-bammy. to make it MORE interesting, folks from very affluent backgrounds want to join the NRA and get the handgun training, and possibly a wear/carry permit. interestingly, more than the last "interestingly", get another instructor.

NOTE TO INSTRUCTORS, if you aren't comfortable with the student(s), don't do it and report it to the anonymous number provided by the BCPD.

rack and roll: thanks don't own caTS, FIXT.

Is it wrong of me to feel a bit of schadenfreude when they discover there's no gun show loophole, they have to undergo a background investigation, they have to wait until the 8th day to pick it up, and they can't get a carry permit?

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Is it wrong of me to feel a bit of schadenfreude when they discover there's no gun show loophole, they have to undergo a background investigation, they have to wait until the 8th day to pick it up, and they can't get a carry permit?

Nope. The schadenfreude is well deserved. I feel it more when they have to go through HQL then another check with 77r with the eight days.

I guess this means we are winning...maybe. Might be elitists "good for me and not for thee" and all that.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Perhaps they'll realize the sh*tstorm they've created over the years and suddenly realize the error of their ways......:lol::lol::lol:

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    actually a lot of people I constantly hear droning on about weapons of death no one should have now are suddenly totally fine with me having all the guns I want as long as it means someone there to protect them when bad guys show up.

A lesser number want to arm themselves, mainly because safety is everyone else's job to provide for these people.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Maybe it's just me but I'd rather not have the far left armed. They might get ideas that they could actually take our guns.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    actually a lot of people I constantly hear droning on about weapons of death no one should have now are suddenly totally fine with me having all the guns I want as long as it means someone there to protect them when bad guys show up.

A lesser number want to arm themselves, mainly because safety is everyone else's job to provide for these people.

I just told my coworkers to show up to my house with lots of non perishable food and lots of water. :D If not good luck to them. Yes I said that to their faces on multiple occasions. Whenever anything bad happens in the world that gets them thinking it some how always comes around to "I know where I will go if stuff really goes down, NiftyVT's house!" followed by a collective office laugh. :rolleyes: and then I give them the food and water ultimatum. A couple of them get it a couple don't, I hope I never have to find out who gets it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I just told my coworkers to show up to my house with lots of non perishable food and lots of water. :D If not good luck to them. Yes I said that to their faces on multiple occasions. Whenever anything bad happens in the world that gets them thinking it some how always comes around to "I know where I will go if stuff really goes down, NiftyVT's house!" followed by a collective office laugh. :rolleyes: and then I give them the food and water ultimatum. A couple of them get it a couple don't, I hope I never have to find out who gets it.

I always tell them that I can bring my gun to their house.

And take all their food and water!
    Then I laugh. It makes them think a little bit.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore

Funny. This has been a fairly common conversation with my friends and extended family in the last few years. "I know where I'm going when sh1t goes bad."
    I tell them OK, but it will not be a vacation.
    I also tell them to call first. My eyes aren't what they used to be and you could look like anybody at 300 yards.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

This is so true in the minds of modern day people. (mostly liberals)

They want to take your firearms, but you're the first person on the list of people they call when SHTF or they think the police wont save them in time (riots etc...)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The problem is, they will NOT see the light.

They will go through the hoops, get their firearm, and the support the same bozos again. But this time, with the attitude of, "what do I care, I have MINE."

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It is kind of interesting - before, when it was it was random whack-job nutcases getting guns and taking off on shooting rampages, the outcry was for more gun control measures. Now that we have terrorists in our midst doing the same thing, the mindset has shifted, even though fundamentally it's still the same problem: a bad guy (or multiple bad guys) with a gun.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It is kind of interesting - before, when it was it was random whack-job nutcases getting guns and taking off on shooting rampages, the outcry was for more gun control measures. Now that we have terrorists in our midst doing the same thing, the mindset has shifted, even though fundamentally it's still the same problem: a bad guy (or multiple bad guys) with a gun.

I'd say it's shifting, especially noticing it with younger people now. My son (21) could generally care less about guns. He has an 1100 I gave him and a .22, both collecting dust as he has no interest. I see and hear people in his age range who are thinking much like myself on this topic, what has gun "control" legislation done, what can it do to prevent this kind of ********?

What has the "war" on drugs done besides waste tax payer money?

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    More good guys with guns is never a bad thing. More folks having "THEIRS" means more folks with skin in the game and something to lose. There are plenty of people on this forum who aren't conservatives per se, but they are staunch defenders of 2A. Alienating those who want to take part in the right because of disagreements on other issues is foolish, in my opinion.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    More good guys with guns is never a bad thing. More folks having "THEIRS" means more folks with skin in the game and something to lose. There are plenty of people on this forum who aren't conservatives per se, but they are staunch defenders of 2A. Alienating those who want to take part in the right because of disagreements on other issues is foolish, in my opinion.

Yep.

porscheguy

Jul 30, 2012
    +1 on that. Even if if they don't become staunch supporters of your cause, they probably won't become staunch opponents either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom