• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stratman60

Apr 6, 2013
    Calvert
    I keep reading about how the Congress needs to pass these new gun laws. Anti gun people having rally's at the NRA and the gun lobbyist's. I was just wandering what would happen if there was a national gun rally or call it a 2A rally on the mall to let all the politicians Federal or State that our 2A rights will no longer be stomped on by these people. Just a thought, what do you think.

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    There is one coming up, but I don't think you are going to like it...

A march on Washington with loaded rifles
    http://www.salon.com/2013/05/03/a_march_on_washington_with_loaded_rifles/

On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge. This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

-t

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It's been tried. Attendence tends to be low due in no small part to the fact that most of us have jobs and lives outside of our 2A activities. The Annapolis turnout this year was historic. The difference is that 3k people on Lawyer's Mall is EPIC. 3k people on the National Mall would be a poor turn out for a special interest book fair.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    This march is an Adam Kokesh project. I've seen him in action. He can get bent.

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    These guys are falling into the trap just the way the antis want them to. The media and govt want to portray Pro-2Aers as just what they are going to display. A group of nuts with a wanton disregard for laws. Declared open and armed carry in a place that doesn't allow it doesn't change the law; it gets you arrested and your guns taken. Not filing for a permit for a march or protest will get you arrested also. Fanning tensions around the 4th like this is asking for trouble.

When some jackwagon thinks "Hell no, they aren't gonna stop us!" then the growing powder keg is going to blow. Doing an armed protest when security and tensions will be high due to everyone being on edge about a terror attacks isn't a good idea. Did you just hear how the media stated that the Marathon bombers wanted to attack on the 4th of July?? These guys want to stir something up and they are gonna get what they want and the impact on the pro-2A movement will be negative not positive. I would be all for a registered, legal 4th of July protest but these guys are pushing for a fight, an armed one. One that they will loose badly.

Do you speed down the road at 100 miles and hour to complain that the speed limit is too low? No. Do you protest bad gun legislation with loaded guns and an in your face march? I would say right now, no.

I hope the MSI, NRA-IRL and other Pro 2A groups get out ahead of this effort and publicly distance themselves from this event before it happens so the media can't tag the efforts on them. You know that they media will zoom in on the guys in camo, and NRA hats and shirts when things start going down.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Tell me how having 1000 ARMED individuals walking into DC WOULDN'T be bad for all of us then :rolleyes:

It would be bad for them with potential fall out for all of us. I wont be joining them. However it may come to armed encounter one of these days. Lets hope not. But i wouldnt call them nuts for being outraged. We all should be pissed.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    It would be bad for them with potential fall out for all of us. I wont be joining them. However it may come to armed encounter one of these days. Lets hope not. But i wouldnt call them nuts for being outraged. We all should be pissed.

I can understand being pissed, your pissed, I'm pissed, I'd imagine most gun owners are pissed too. But the fact is, anybody who participates in this protest, is batshit crazy. What's going to happen when the cops show up in force to quell this protest? How many of these guys will realize they screwed up big time and give up? (there's no way in hell the cops would let them get back into VA, and even then, I highly doubt the cops would stop till they could round up as many as possible) Anyone who participates is signing away their 2A rights for good. All it will take is one jackwagon with a twitchy trigger finger, then all bets are off. This shits happening at a time when the president, VP, and members of the senate are doing their best to revive their recent gun control failures. This event will just prove their point, and steer the fence sitters away from our cause.

As for a possible armed encounter in the future? I can only hope that doesn't happen in my lifetime. While I believe we need to do everything in our power to reign in the Feds. the time to resort to violence isn't now.

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    There will most likely be bloodshed. Something like this isn't gonna go down well in Washington D.C. If this does happen, hopefully they bring semi auto rifles with 30 round magazines so they can at least defend themselves.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If this happens, I have a feeling it's going to be a record day for Darwin Awards.

Of course the more concerning thing is what could happen afterwards.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    This march is an Adam Kokesh project. I've seen him in action. He can get bent.

I agree wholeheartedly. I remember when he was hosting marches in DC bashing Bush and Cheney calling them war criminals and calling for their arrest. I also remember when he got onstage at a Subhumans show in England and bashed Bush and Cheney and the US foreign policy. I remember when he still had a valid USMC ID and was on base at Camp Lejeune hanging out at the BX telling Marines to resist and refuse orders to deploy and handing out his Iraq Veteran's Against the War crap. He wanted so bad for Bush and Cheney to be out of a job-he teamed up with Code Pink, and a hell of a lot of other liberal groups to bash Bush and Cheney. Now it seems he's looking for the next limelight-trying to endear himself to the 2A crowd. I have no use for this guy. He's a POS.

qwertee123

Choose Freedom
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2009
    Stuck in MoCo ...
    I think having several peaceful marches -- first where it's legal -- would add legitimacy to a cause to march similarly where open carry is outlawed. The goal would be a peaceful assembly with loaded firearms. You wouldn't even need to say a word. Just armed civilians marching from point A to point B through towns where it is legal. Presuming these marches occur without incident where it legal, it will drive the point home that open carry is not anything to be afraid about unless you just inherently fear civilians having guns. I wonder if the national press would cover these peaceful events.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I don't see this ending well at all. Not for the attendees or the pro-2a side of the debate. It's simply more grist for the media and the anti-2a folks that need images of gun-nuts to plaster all over the 6:00 PM news!

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Becoming outraged about injustice is not on par with committing outrageous acts of wanton stupidity. Many of us are outraged by the control that certain factions are displaying and or attempting to usurp in our government. We must NOT resort to outrageous violations of the law to combat those factions so long as there is ANY legal avenue of redress. The folks at Lexington and Concorde were at that point when they took up arms. We are not there yet.

And I find it more than a little bit disconcerting that this Mr. Kokesh is being backed financially by a foreign government. Thus ANYONE who takes up arms with him CAN be ruled as a combatant and terrorist against the USA.

If this were an empty holster event... It may draw the proper support and attention it deserves. However, loading your rifles and marching, 1000 strong, on the Capitol of the US Government, with an "in your face dare" to those that protect the Capitol, AND doing so into an area where loaded firearms are PROHIBITED BY LAW... is STUPIDLY criminal.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Just from the 15 minutes of research and from what I've seen of him, he's an attention whore.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I had never heard of this Kokesh guy. He sounds like a freaking wacko. This aint gonna go over well. Y'all are right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom