• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So I’ve lost a lot of posts.......I’m not worried at all about it. I’m actually thinking about a potential Karma in relation to it BUT i was wondering, Do they delete as previous posts get archived?

I’m trying to figure out how to work this potential karma.

I remember there being a thread on it, i searches but admittedly not hard and i wasn’t reading all 50 pages of Mr. H’s karma thread.

Just a quick simple explanation would be greatly appreciated so i can work this out.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    So I’ve lost a lot of posts.......I’m not worried at all about it. I’m actually thinking about a potential Karma in relation to it BUT i was wondering, Do they delete as previous posts get archived?

I’m trying to figure out how to work this potential karma.

I remember there being a thread on it, i searches but admittedly not hard and i wasn’t reading all 50 pages of Mr. H’s karma thread.

Just a quick simple explanation would be greatly appreciated so i can work this out.

I think the great “Mr H 65000 post” thread uncovered the problem. I just dont have an easy to find the link right now.

Apparently when someone deletes an old post it caused any responses to the deleted post to also disappear.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I think the great “Mr H 65000 post” thread uncovered the problem. I just dont have an easy to find the link right now.

Apparently when someone deletes an old post it caused any responses to the deleted post to also disappear.

Yes, but after that debacle they changed it so only moderators can delete posts. That's why you're seeing a lot of posts that say "delete" bc we can no longer delete pur own posts. Also, I'm not sure about the archiving thing. Seems like the threads never disappear unless they are actually deleted. You can still see threads from 05.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Losing posts on a forum is usually the result of a thread being deleted in which you have posted. Not sure about here, but that's how it works on the forums that I work on. If we delete a post, quoted posts don't get automatically removed, but if we delete a thread, all of those associated posts get removed and the post counts of the members that participated are affected accordingly. ;)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Losing posts on a forum is usually the result of a thread being deleted in which you have posted. Not sure about here, but that's how it works on the forums that I work on. If we delete a post, quoted posts don't get automatically removed, but if we delete a thread, all of those associated posts get removed and the post counts of the members that participated are affected accordingly. ;)

Ok that makes sense. I was kinda just looking to see if there was a rhythm or pattern i could attach to my karma idea. I could care less about my posts deleting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom