• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I took the Thunderbolt advice and took mine out for a walk Monday.... it gobbled it up without a hiccup. Went through five magazines without a mis-feed or stovepipe. I am very surprised that this is the diet it wants, but I can't argue with the fact that it worked. Well now I finally have something I can do with that crappy ammo that I don't shoot in anything else. :-)

Cheers.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I took the Thunderbolt advice and took mine out for a walk Monday.... it gobbled it up without a hiccup. Went through five magazines without a mis-feed or stovepipe. I am very surprised that this is the diet it wants, but I can't argue with the fact that it worked. Well now I finally have something I can do with that crappy ammo that I don't shoot in anything else. :-)

Cheers.

Glad it worked out!
    Are you interested in trying the reamer?

I did a short video (crappy video I know)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xc0jh-y63w&t=152s
    and here is a pic of the reamer:

Attachments

• 22LRReamer.jpg
      22LRReamer.jpg
      52.2 KB · Views: 230

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Doc,tor M,
    Looks like you're next on the list. You're not related to Peter Lorre are you?

Any other's interested please speak up.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Just a update and stopping in to see who needs the tool next if Doc is Still sitting on sidelines.

Took out my Erma, Its much Improved, It still has a few issues but it seemed to like the Aquila Super extra i had with me. It on the other hand Hated the Thunderbolt i bought for the trip. It didnt even want to load that stuff. I cam home and since the tool was still here i tried it again to make sure i got down as far as i could without touching the face of the chamber. Holding in hand for the last 1/4 inch and watching it I was able to go a shade deeper( I think i was afraid to hit it last time and was doing in vise, so was harder to see how close i was) and right up to the face without touching. cleaned the tool again, lubed with some Kroil and its ready to go again... Going to buy some CCi for next trip out .

List so far:
    1. Melnic-- Done
    2. OldCarJunkie--- Done
    3.????
    4. Doctor M???

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I'm probably not going to have time to play until the end of the month... of if anyone else wants to jump in line ahead of me, I'm currently in stationary double time.

No problem. No one else has signed up.
    I got the reamer just for this project with the intent of lending it out to forum members.
    The cost of renting with return postage was going to be about $40 while buying from Brownell's was $50.
    $10 of Pay it Forward/MDS Karma and another tool I'll never use again is a good thing.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Dave, I'll pick up from you when you feel you are done with it. Hopefully the 2nd time around opens things up enough for ya.
    Doctor M works not far from an area I frequent anyway.
    I can get it to you when your ready

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Doc, I have the reamer. I can drop off at your work on the way into mine if you like.
    PM me if you can.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I took mine out again the other day, it seems to feed and eject without issue now. However it does not seem to have enough power to reset the trigger even with CCI stingers. Any thoughts?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Is last bolt hold open working? If so, then its got enough power I would imagine.
    My last bolt hold open works about 50% of the time now, but I think its because of wear on the mag on mine.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Is last bolt hold open working? If so, then its got enough power I would imagine.
    My last bolt hold open works about 50% of the time now, but I think its because of wear on the mag on mine.

I believe it did, at least most of the time but to be honest i had to rack it so many times per mag i forget. :lol2:

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    The Mag on mine is loose vertically. I replaced the weak spring in it with one for a S&W 22A pistol magazine. That helped. I checked to make sure the follower wasn't too worn on the back. But the ~1/16" play may not be helping.
    New magazines don't exist and used ones sell for $60 up!

Afterthough: We should start our own little group in MDS for people who waste time on these little boxes of frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom