• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So what is the current status of the bill??

The Senate version is said to be being rewritten by the sponsors, so as to read to apply only to those who have previously been convicted of a crime.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    We might chuckle at the above picture , but that is a real thing .

As I mentioned in my testimony, of the guns siezed in Baltimore, of the small percentage of those guns that were capable of holding more than 10 rounds , a significant percentage were actually loaded with less than 10 rounds .

I'll have to add the exact number when I get home and check my notes , but 80% plus of the illegal guns siezed in Baltimore actually have 10 rounds or fewer .

That will be their justification. If the bad guys doing the crimes don't need more than 10 rounds, we shouldn't either.

Of course the difference is that the bad guys usually have a limited supply of ammo (meaning whatever came with the gun when it was stolen) as opposed to us honest folk who work for a living and buy both our guns and our ammo.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Zero percent chance of this passing. I don't even know why they'd bother filing. Something that tries to make a couple minor tweaks would at least have a snowball's chance in hell.

lessthanzeroposter.jpg

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    "Let's say the magazine posession ban somehow passes and I have 10 illegal magazines that the state says I must turn in.
    How many illegal magazines will I have left?
    That's right, 37. I lied about only having 10.":D

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't believe I would admit to be willing to break the law, much less in an open forum. You might want to consider deleting this post.

I will then delete mine.

Just one man's opinion.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If enough people spoke up and declared they would not comply with an ex post facto law that made a half-million law-abiding citizens into instant felons, stripping them of their rights and assets, and imprisoning them for the rest of their natural lives, while said law did nothing to address the actual problems under discussion, perhaps the GA might reconsider its action.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    not going to happen

The 1062 bill as originally read is unenforceable. Confiscation is an impossibility or you're going to ask people to turn them in or destroy them? Right...Note the sarcasm...
    That hasn't worked out too well for some of the states like MA/NY I believe that enacted similar laws...No one has turned in shit...
    On top of that you'd make 10's of thousands of Maryland gun owners criminals overnight...
    If they really want to make a law pass, they'd have to grandfather in mags greater than 10. But then again, its an unenforceable law. How would you distinguish a 30rd PMAG I have in my possession now vs one that I buy in PA or DE in the future? They look the same, not serialized, etc.
    We've got a bunch of twat waffles running the show unfortunately :sad20:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    You can write nonsense on your jail cell wall and scream at the sky.

Intimidation works.

GA doesn't even have to pass a bill before we begin to quake in our boots and bow to unConstitutional legislative overreach.

Civil disobedience seems to be working in upstate NY, where nearly all "assault rifles" continue to be unregistered, and magazine limits are ignored by sheriffs and local law enforcement.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Intimidation works.

GA doesn't even have to pass a bill before we begin to quake in our boots and bow to unConstitutional legislative overreach.

Civil disobedience seems to be working in upstate NY, where nearly all "assault rifles" continue to be unregistered, and magazine limits are ignored by sheriffs and local law enforcement.

Until the law isn't ignored. https://www.google.com/amp/www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/05/ny-army-veteran-charged-illegal-pistol-magazines-faces-21-years-prison/amp/

If passed I will not comply and I fully expect to have to deal with the consequences.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Intimidation works.

But it still doesn't make the law unlawful. It's just not being enforced. However it is still the law of the land.

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    Just my 2cents.....I agree that, IF passed; this would be extremely difficult for LE to force the public to comply with.

Enforcement would likely take the form of a "tacked on" charge if such a clip/magazine were used in commission of another crime or civil action.

AND what is the actual status of this?? Does it even still have a pulse???

if still alive....dark days for 2A supporters.:tdown::mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom