• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jun 4, 2015
    I've been promoting this.

28167147_10213583334410226_5907199936083687657_n.jpg

Pittbull

Jan 28, 2013
    It is much more effective to do it via email using the NRA’s broadcast link below. A phone call can be denied as lose it’s purpose. The NRA link finds your Representatives and Senators and those chairing this anti-gun legislation. It accomplishes this along with a Pre-written opposing letter drafted by the NRA. It also becomes a matter of written record....... and it is easy and simple.
    Go to: https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1890

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There is a bill to partially repeal FSA 2013. Not at this hearing tho. I will have to dig it up. It wont get a vote, so dont get your hope up.

here it is: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=02&id=sb0908&tab=subject3&ys=2018RS

hearing 3/6.

dont hold your breath.
    Zero percent chance of this passing. I don't even know why they'd bother filing. Something that tries to make a couple minor tweaks would at least have a snowball's chance in hell.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Biggfoot Prediction - Instead of major rewrite of SB 1062 , the Balt Delegation will instead rewrite HB 991 prior to the HJC Hearing on 3/6 , and get behind that one .
    This can happen. The Senate can adopt the house version, the house can adopt the Senate version or they can reconcile their versions.

But I think at least one of the bills has to get a favorable vote out of committee for this to move.

So ball is in Vallerio's court right now. If he puts it in the desk drawer we are good. The tone of the 3/6 hearing may give some insight.

I say it has a 40% chance of passing so keep contacting the members of both committees.

Also keep in mind it is more than just a magazine ban. They are upping various other penalties including inadvertent handgun transport violations to a felony.

This is a dangerous bill that needs to get stopped.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We might chuckle at the above picture , but that is a real thing .

As I mentioned in my testimony, of the guns siezed in Baltimore, of the small percentage of those guns that were capable of holding more than 10 rounds , a significant percentage were actually loaded with less than 10 rounds .

I'll have to add the exact number when I get home and check my notes , but 80% plus of the illegal guns siezed in Baltimore actually have 10 rounds or fewer .

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If you watch the recorded committee session (SB1062 is the last yellow mark on the video timeline, right about 5:40:00 - yes, that's 5 hours...) they talk about how more than 10 shell casings are found at crime scenes. Yes, these people think that limiting magazine capacity for criminals is going to stop this from happening. W in the actual F.

Well, duh. Maybe because at most of these crimes scenes there are multiple shooters.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    If you watch the recorded committee session (SB1062 is the last yellow mark on the video timeline, right about 5:40:00 - yes, that's 5 hours...) they talk about how more than 10 shell casings are found at crime scenes. Yes, these people think that limiting magazine capacity for criminals is going to stop this from happening. W in the actual F.

If it’s 50 cases found it’s probably fives cases from ten different guns attending the festivities. Even if it’s not, the criminals aren’t going to find 10 round mags to go with their stolen gats. The inmates are truly running the asylum. These people are so stupid they have to have sticky notes to remember to breathe.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    We might chuckle at the above picture , but that is a real thing .

As I mentioned in my testimony, of the guns siezed in Baltimore, of the small percentage of those guns that were capable of holding more than 10 rounds , a significant percentage were actually loaded with less than 10 rounds .

I'll have to add the exact number when I get home and check my notes , but 80% plus of the illegal guns siezed in Baltimore actually have 10 rounds or fewer .

I'm not sure imploring criminals typically load less than ten rounds is a real winner. Today I saw many lament they didn't own a trigger rapido device or bump stock and that generally was taken as reinforcing the ban, as it wouldn't effect anyone. They'd spin criminals loading less than 10 bullets in to , "well then no one needs a larger magazine to defend themselves then".

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Take the quoted number of scenes of murders, and mon- fatal shootings. Compare the total numbers of murders and non-fatal shootings. Divide.

It's a small percentage .

Then adding possibilities of

Single shooter reloading
    Single shooter with two guns
    More than one shooter

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm rolling with the angle that 10rd mag limit won't meaningfully reduce crime , because criminals already rarely feel a criminal advantage to use them anyway.

And a strong case can be made for the differences in requirements to defend against felonious wrong doers vs being a criminal with the luxury of initiating when situation is to their advantage .

I am very careful to screen myself for blowback potential , but I think this is a good tack for us .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

That’s only because they included most of the police shootings too. Fortunately the target wasn’t hit. :D

Malthus

Aug 1, 2009
    MD
    So, if this bill passes, and 10 round mags are the rule of the land...will we be able to install a magblock to limit our existing 30 round magazines? According to the language in the bill?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    So, if this bill passes, and 10 round mags are the rule of the land...will we be able to install a magblock to limit our existing 30 round magazines? According to the language in the bill?

The bill is agnostic on that. That means it'll be left to MDSP and State's Attorneys to interpret.
    IIRC California's statute specifically saw something about "not readily convertible" or some such language. I don't see that here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom