MD Dems announce new “gun safety” measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Madaleno done did it..

Yep, they supercharged the Bumb Stock Bill....

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I simply can't what these lying maggots. They make it sound like the HPRB is handing out permits like candy at Halloween

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Only saw then end but didn't need to see it all. They're going to ban everything they can, at a minimum bump stocks and do away with the HPRB. They don't care what you think. They say you can go **** yourself. That about sums it up.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Maybe their referring to this?

Thursday, February 01, 2018
    HEARING ALERT: Crimes - Firearms - Penalties
    Important Legislation Holds Repeat Violent Firearm Offenders Accountable

Note: Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee to Hold Hearing on SB 197 on January 30, 2018. 1:00 PM

“We will also be introducing legislation which will hold repeat offenders who use guns to commit crimes truly accountable for their actions.” - Governor Larry Hogan, December 5, 2017

Governor Hogan’s Proposed Crimes - Firearms - Penalties Legislation Is Part Of His Statewide Violent Crimes Initiatives

http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2018/02/hearing-alert-crimes-firearms-penalties.html

This!! ^^^^ :party29:

Catch and release in Maryland should apply to rockfish, not violent offenders!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Only saw then end but didn't need to see it all. They're going to ban everything they can, at a minimum bump stocks and do away with the HPRB. They don't care what you think. They say you can go **** yourself. That about sums it up.

I was thinking that's what they would say, md politics suck. gun grabbing pos.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Will ban bump stocks "and other rate enhancing devices" like hell-fire accessories and trigger cranks.

Full attack on the handgun permit review board.... the rate of reversals has gone up 300% in the last few years (horrors). We don't like the results so we are going to make it so mere mortals can't reverse the will of the GA and allow citizens to carry.

Why do I bother to listen to this crap... now I have a headache.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Going to be real interesting on renewals. I'm gonna bet MSP has taken names, and will be licking their chops come renewal time.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I'd like to counter with four gun safety measures of my own:

1. Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
    2. Always point the firearm in a safe direction.
    3. Be sure of your target and what is around/beyond it.
    4. Keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot.

I feel this will win broad bipartisan support and represents the kind of common sense gun control with which reasonable people can agree.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Maybe they would like to do away with the office of governor and just appoint themselves rulers of all.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    They made a comment about how the governor was going to let the current members of the hprb fulfil their term and then either reappoint them or appoint new ones. Because that's not how it's supposed to work.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Going to be real interesting on renewals. I'm gonna bet MSP has taken names, and will be licking their chops come renewal time.

No mystery about it. Anyone who wasn't issued an unrestricted permit from the MSP from the beginning will end up with a restricted permit, period.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I think elimination of the review board would be ok if they accept self defense as a G&S reason for permit issue.

This state is just setting itself up for another lawsuit against shall issue that this time might make it to the supreme court because of the rulings in DC! Problem is that this will take YEARS to happen.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Any one have an actual summery or text of the bill for those who cannot watch the video?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think elimination of the review board would be ok if they accept self defense as a G&S reason for permit issue.

This state is just setting itself up for another lawsuit against shall issue that this time might make it to the supreme court because of the rulings in DC! Problem is that this will take YEARS to happen.

If they were to accept self defense as a G&S reason, there would be no need for a review board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom