What other issues will medical marijuana impact?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Medical marijuana may be lawful under state and local, laws, but not under federal law.

The places that grow and distribute medical marijuana, often hire local police officers to provide security for their facilities.

Those police officers are committing a federal felony, and subject to enhanced penalties, by using a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.

police officers who provide security to those facilities, are hypocrites and should be ashamed of themselves for putting their desire to make some extra cash, over obeying the law.

and they are committing a federal felony by doing so.

Colorado doesn't allow LEO to work security jobs related to marijuana AFAIK. If MD hasn't already done the same I'd be surprised.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Colorado doesn't allow LEO to work security jobs related to marijuana AFAIK. If MD hasn't already done the same I'd be surprised.

I was talking with a former cop a few weeks ago, and was told that their significant other who is still a police officer, had been hired to provide security at the place in Frederick county. I was also told that a few other officers were trying to get hired there as well.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I was talking with a former cop a few weeks ago, and was told that their significant other who is still a police officer, had been hired to provide security at the place in Frederick county. I was also told that a few other officers were trying to get hired there as well.

When MD started down this path a LEO friend and I looked at providing security for the industry. There was nothing in the applications (dispensary, processing etc) stating active LEO could not be used at the time but this was several years ago. We did learn that other states didn't allow active LEO so that killed the idea.

2ndltsdad

Nov 19, 2014
    Trappe... not Lakeside !
    then why is the question asked on the parer work if you are a user?

never mind, I answered my own question... on the 77R form the state asks if you are a habitual user.... often i figured that was for all types of drug use ie pills, coke,weed and what have you.
    the state defines a habitual user as on that has been CHARGED two or more times for use of controlled substance. so i guess if you got busted for weed or pills two or more times your out. but with a card your good ? as long as you have no other priors

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Hmm, how will this play with the FEDERAL 4473 form???

(F) ANY FORM USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF APPROVING OR DISAPPROVING
    16 A PERSON FROM PURCHASING, OWNING, POSSESSING, OR CARRYING A FIREARM
    17 THAT INQUIRES ABOUT THE APPLICANT’S USE OF CONTROLLED DANGEROUS
    18 SUBSTANCES SHALL SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZE A QUALIFYING PATIENT TO REFRAIN
    19 FROM REPORTING THE USE OF MEDICAL CANNABIS.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Interesting how before it was banned in 1937 marijuana was used as medicine in America for roughly 100 years.
    Today a marijuana license is like gun registration, it allows the control freaks to take away your constitutional right whenever they want.
    Wouldn't a regular field sobriety test like they use for drunk drivers be enough to determine if a driver is impaired?

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Rx marijuhana

Someone introduced a bill to prevent the state from considering an Rx card for med marijuhana a disqualifier for gun possession, ccw and transfer. There are 3 sponsers. Huh? How does a state law, if it even passes, contravene the federal statute 18usc 922 and the federal classification of mj as an illegal drug? This is a congressional issue, no?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You will be excluded from exercising your 2nd amendment rights if you partake in a legalized purchase of pot. Well, at least that's who it's suppose to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom