• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That's what I keep telling people about AKs. I'll take the AK made at the factory that has been doing it for decades, has the proper Soviet TDP, has had their product tested in troop trials, and has had their product proven by hundreds of thousands if not millions in military use over the course of decades. US made AKs are reverse engineered, commercial products made for the goal of generating a profit. They have never had troop trials and they have never been used by a military force.

I'll take such a foreign MP5 over a US one, even if the item is a little on the ugly side fit and finish wise.

In both cases you're comparing a Class III weapon to a commercially manufactured semi automatic weapon.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    In both cases you're comparing a Class III weapon to a commercially manufactured semi automatic weapon.

I'll take the semi auto made by the factory that makes the full auto original by the millions over the semi auto reverse engineered. Their R&D is already long ago paid for. If they're cutting corners for their commercial product, that's a separate issue.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    PSA said these are coming out 2019 and they are trying for $800-1000 range. Why wait? Go to Gunbroker and get the POF for $1200 or wait for Atlantic to get them in stock. I was lucky to find 2 MKEs in that price range, one new and one used.

That said, I would love if PSA or PTR made a reliable MP5. More competition in this market is good news for consumers.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I just got the email from FedArm that the POF-5 is back in stock. Now I wait for Atlantic get them. FedArm told me about three weeks ago that they would be ready for distributors about one week from then.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just got the email from FedArm that the POF-5 is back in stock. Now I wait for Atlantic get them. FedArm told me about three weeks ago that they would be ready for distributors about one week from then.

Are they made on H&K machinery?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Are they made on H&K machinery?

Yes, POF has made H&K roller guns for decades under license.

Here's a review.
    http://www.theakforum.net/forums/122-h-k-discussion/180052-pof-mp-5-some-mke-stuff-too.html

Here are some real ones in Pakistan.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/822720/pakistans-female-commandos-on-the-front-line/
    IMG_4477-copy.jpg

women_police_hijab__608x484.JPG

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That's 1 crazy tattoo on that girls right hand !!!
    Not permanent. Google "mehndi" to see some more images. Using a paste from the henna plant, women on the Indian subcontinent sometimes have their hands decorated with elaborate patterns. Lasts for a few weeks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    A kind sir let me shoot his Zenith SBR today at TMGN. Holy chit that thing was sweet! I gotta get an MP5.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    A kind sir let me shoot his Zenith SBR today at TMGN. Holy chit that thing was sweet! I gotta get an MP5.

A lot of the Shooters/Patrons at TMGN enjoy letting others shoot their firearms. That is one of the MANY reasons why TMGN is the BEST!

Glad you got to shoot the Mp5 and enjoyed it!

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    We wish PSA all the luck in the world on their project but it will be a tough push up to get a quality Roller lock to market for 900 bucks. We will offer it if they make it but only after we have tested the guns very thoroughly the MP5 is not as simple and forgiving as the AR15 to build .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We wish PSA all the luck in the world on their project but it will be a tough push up to get a quality Roller lock to market for 900 bucks. We will offer it if they make it but only after we have tested the guns very thoroughly the MP5 is not as simple and forgiving as the AR15 to build .

Makes sense!

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    So I'm confused that people think PSA will fail in this endeavor yet we consider guns made in PAKISTAN to be ok? I understand they're made under license but have you ever gotten anything high quality with a made in Pakistan sticker on it? I won't own one either way as the only way it floats my boat is in 10mm and I doubt that'll happen.

YerNotGood

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    Maybe because the country of origin has literally nothing to do with the quality of the item. People are skeptical because PSA fits into the "budget" category and the words "MP5 clone" and "budget" have not been previously successful. I have no doubt that they can do it, but lets not be ignorant about brands you have no experience with purely based on their country of origin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom