• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Anyone had box hill pizzeria crabcakes?
    Maybe the biggest one for the money around. They seem popular and they ship everywhere. Downside is they have zero flavor IMO. Almost like they way under season them on purpose so you can put whatever you want on top. :shrug:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    G&M has gone down hill and their crab cakes are over priced with no real flavor.

Olive Grove just up Hammonds Ferry serve a much better crab cake.

Also, I would definitely recommend Pappas and Roy's Kwik Corner over G&M.

Roy's kwik Corner? Where is that? I'm always willing to taste test crab cakes.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Have lived in Timonium for 40 years. Pappas, Bast Pasta and Michaels. A friend gave me a Michaels cc a few weeks ago and it was very good IMO.
    Pappas-Cranbrook Rd- about 5 min from the fairgrounds, north on York Rd to Rt on Cranbrook. It will be in the second shopping center, on the left .
    Basta Pasta-Timonium Rd right next to south entrance to the fairgrounds.
    Michaels-essentially across the street form the fairgrounds on York Rd.

terp91

Mar 14, 2013
    Halethorpe
    Best crab cakes I have ever had was Timbuktu.
    http://www.timbukturestaurant.com/

I grew up near Towson and my parents were really into Papas' and I admit the crab cakes are good there, but.......

Bleh. I can't recommend Timbuktu. Used to work up the road from there, tried the food three times and was disappointed each one. Did not have their crab cakes but what I had didn't make me want to order them either.

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    G&M makes a very good cake.

Timbuktu used to make a very good cake, but they've nosedived over the last few years.

The best crab cake in Maryland is at Fratelli's in Hampstead (I've never been to the one in Salisbury).

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Roy's has great crab cakes, but carry out only. Their crab soups (cream of crab and md style) are also excellent.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    G&M!!!!! Had one last night. I eat it in the carry out area so I can stare at the deserts too.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Anyone had box hill pizzeria crabcakes?
    Maybe the biggest one for the money around. They seem popular and they ship everywhere. Downside is they have zero flavor IMO. Almost like they way under season them on purpose so you can put whatever you want on top. :shrug:

I heard from several people how great theirs were.....but we will never make that mistake again...below average, at best...like you said, zero flavor = zero chance of me going back. Heck, I can make something at home myself that has no taste, LOL.

We always liked "By The Docks", but 99% sure there's are from G&M, and we haven't been there for years.

Have had some at Schultze's Crab House very recently, and they are good. They've been around a LONG time.

Did get some at Pappas in Cockeysville a few years ago, which were good, as well.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    I heard from several people how great theirs were.....but we will never make that mistake again...below average, at best...like you said, zero flavor = zero chance of me going back. Heck, I can make something at home myself that has no taste, LOL.

We always liked "By The Docks", but 99% sure there's are from G&M, and we haven't been there for years.

Have had some at Schultze's Crab House very recently, and they are good. They've been around a LONG time.

Did get some at Pappas in Cockeysville a few years ago, which were good, as well.

Had "By The Docks" not too long ago. They serve a very large and very good crab cake.

Both Schultze and Jads have good crab cakes.

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    Can't go wrong with G&M. Have not been to Timbuktu for a while but they used to be very good too. Romano's in Glen Burnie on Ritchie Highway is excellent but the service can be spotty. YMMV

I drive past Roy's almost everyday and never noticed the place. I'm going to give them a try this week! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom