• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DownRange

Aug 8, 2016
    Harford County
    Hello All,

I recently moved to MD (Bel Air) from Philadelphia. I've reluctantly given up my right to carry to be here for work purposes, but I like the area I'm in. I am still learning little by little about the laws/restrictions that are all new to me, but with some input form family/friends/co-workers I am getting a feel for what I can expect with being a gun-owner in MD. For the most part, I am an AR/Glock guy, have been for some time, but I open to other platforms and manufacturer's. I'm looking forward to getting out soon to shoot because it's been some time since I've put lead downrange.

-DownRange

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome aboard!!

Love visiting Philly. :thumbsup:

The Liberty Bell August 2010 048.jpg

Tony Lukes sandwich August 2010 002.jpg

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    Hello All,

I recently moved to MD (Bel Air) from Philadelphia. I've reluctantly given up my right to carry to be here for work purposes, but I like the area I'm in. I am still learning little by little about the laws/restrictions that are all new to me, but with some input form family/friends/co-workers I am getting a feel for what I can expect with being a gun-owner in MD. For the most part, I am an AR/Glock guy, have been for some time, but I open to other platforms and manufacturer's. I'm looking forward to getting out soon to shoot because it's been some time since I've put lead downrange.

-DownRange

Recent transplant to the York area and I am loving the freedom I have here. Be careful of the firearms you bring from the PA to the not so free state. Search the forum for MD Firearms Safety Act 2013 to see what your new restrictions are going to be. Pistols are going to be a 7 day waiting period and will require an HQL. Your government profile barrel on your AR is going to be banned unless you can proved you owned it before October 2013 and stripped lowers are going to require a 7 day waiting period as well. I hit the PenDOT got my temporary license and was able to buy what I wanted except for NFA items that day. Things are vastly different in Maryland. My carry permit was 20 minutes in the court house ( both times one to go in and fill out the form, the other to pick up ) $20 and three days later I picked up the permit. Night and day difference between MD and PA.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Welcome...transplanted from north of philly about 21 years ago now.... Still love to go back and watch the Flyers and grab some good food.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Welcome new fellow Harford Countian.
    Harford County- Bel Air has some nice places and people. But, from a gun owner, Second Amendment perspective, I sure hope you won't be too sorry for moving the wrong way across the Mason-Dixon freedom line. Play it safe and make sure what you have and what you use is legal here 'cause you're in a different world from where you were. Sure you couldn't live in Southeastern Pa, Stewartstown or Southern Buck area and commute to work? (I'd put a smiley face here, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet)

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Welcome! I grew up in Delco and spent tons of time in Philly through my early 20's. It's a tough pill to swallow going from a free state to the "free state", but hang in there! Maryland does have some good things here, unfortunately the gun laws and politicians aren't one of them.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    The advertised philly cheese steaks are far from authentic just an FYI stick with crab cakes and pit beef if you head 15-20 miles more south.

Exactly what he said. The cheesesteaks here are a joke. All of them. I grew up in Chester county but been here for the last 10 years. Overall I like MD better minus the politics of the metro areas and the gun laws. Other then that this state is great despite what many long time residents say. If your here to make money and actually pay less in taxes then PA if your a homeowner this place will treat you well. Just avoid anywhere in Bmore and PG county that look sketchy, because those areas have spots that are seriously dangerous.

DoNoHarm

by action or inaction
    Oct 9, 2008
    Balto City
    Welcome, from another ex-Pennsylvanian (getting to be a long time ago, via MI most recently).

It is a great state in many ways. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom