• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Serious question - to whom would one send a resume or letter expressing their desire to serve on the board? And would a resume that was sent without a referral be given any credibility?

Other than the demographic thing are they looking for the best candidate, or the best candidate that is a big donor/friend or associate of big donor, etc...

Contact the Gov.s Appointments office. I spoke to Ms. Crispino. She email'd me the application... After downloading and filling it out, I hand delivered it to the office in Annapolis and had a very nice conversation with her. I may still have the app. in my email box... I will check. I found the email but I have no idea how to attach the forms to this post... Here is her contact info.

Kim Crispino
    Special Assistant
    Governor's Appointments Office
    16 Francis Street
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    Direct: 410-260-3994
    Fax 410-974-2456

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Are they still looking for the 5th member? Or do they have someone they will name before the legislative session starts tomorrow?

They have a list of names, no they will probably not be named before tomorrow, as the Governor's appointments board is working to fill backlogged circuit court appointments.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Serious question - to whom would one send a resume or letter expressing their desire to serve on the board? And would a resume that was sent without a referral be given any credibility?

Other than the demographic thing are they looking for the best candidate, or the best candidate that is a big donor/friend or associate of big donor, etc...

APPOINTMENTS OFFICE
    Dennis R. Schrader, Secretary of Appointments
    Chris Cavey, Deputy Secretary of Appointments
    Katja Bullock, Executive Assistant
    Jennifer Barker Jefferson, Executive Assistant
    Kim L. Crispino, Special Assistant
    R. Matthew McKinney, Special Assistant
    Fred L. Wineland Building, 5th floor
    16 Francis St., Annapolis, MD 21401 - 1925
    (410) 974-2611; fax: (410) 974-2456
    e-mail: gov.appointments@maryland.gov

All of the above could have been found via a Google search.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Anyone that can should probably apply for this. Just remember to vote yes on everyone, regardless of the actual case. It's the opposite of what Brown's appointees would do, it's only fair.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Wow! 6 people to make appointments, yet no 5th member on the board, no reimbursement and no staff. Sorry Dblas, not directed at you. Keep up the good work friend.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Wow! 6 people to make appointments, yet no 5th member on the board, no reimbursement and no staff. Sorry Dblas, not directed at you. Keep up the good work friend.

Not taken personally, as you mentioned in another thread, I don't suffer hurt feelings easily.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I submitted my stuff way back when and heard nary a peep. I think it'd be an interesting endeavor for sure.

You should apply for this board (looks like they expire this year):
    HANDGUN ROSTER BOARD
    Staff: Marlene F. Jenkins (410) 653-4247; e-mail: marlene.jenkins@maryland.gov
    Chair: Col. William M. Pallozzi, Secretary of State Police

Appointed by Governor with Senate advice & consent to 4-year terms: Ira M. Click; P. Michael Errico; Claudette W. Gadsden-Hrobak; Gail F. Golden; James F. Laughland; George D. Mathias; Jonathan W. Maurath; Jonathan G. Newell, Esq.; Russell N. Shea, Jr.; Michael A. Spaulding. Terms expire 2016.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Looks like they have 5 members now:

HANDGUN PERMIT REVIEW BOARD
    Staff: Diana Black (410) 339-5010; 1-877-379-8636 (toll free); e-mail: dblack@dpscs.state.md.us
    web: www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Appointed by Governor with Senate advice & consent to 3-year terms:
    Charles M. Thomas, Jr., Chair (chosen by Governor), 2016
    Richard Lee Jurgena, 2017;
    Patricia S. West, 2017;
    Courtney M. White, 2017;
    Robert D. H. Wilson, 2018.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Looks like they have 5 members now:

HANDGUN PERMIT REVIEW BOARD
    Staff: Diana Black (410) 339-5010; 1-877-379-8636 (toll free); e-mail: dblack@dpscs.state.md.us
    web: www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/hprb.shtml

Appointed by Governor with Senate advice & consent to 3-year terms:
    Charles M. Thomas, Jr., Chair (chosen by Governor), 2016
    Richard Lee Jurgena, 2017;
    Patricia S. West, 2017;
    Courtney M. White, 2017;
    Robert D. H. Wilson, 2018.

JPG, appears you found that info here: http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/22dpscs/html/dpscs.html

Other than them not dropping Charles Thomas, it looks accurate.

If this is the same Diana Black, looks like another great selection for the board:

Diane Black and GOP pursue policies that harm the poor
    The Tennessean › opinion › 2015/11/20
    Mobile-friendly - Nov 20, 2015 - The congresswoman wants to dismantle the government investment programs that helped her as a ...
    Traveling Gun Owners Give Thanks for Diane Black - Nashville Scene
    Nashville Scene › archives › 2015/11/25
    Mobile-friendly - Nov 25, 2015 - Congresswoman Diane Black was inconvenienced at Nashville's airport, and now she's literally ...
    Prioritize Women's Health over Abortion by Defunding Planned...
    National Review › article › planned-pare...
    Mobile-friendly - by Diane Black September 17, 2015 4:00 AM. As a registered nurse, health care is my passion. So I was surprised ...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Who's case was rescheduled for Jan 19th? The info in red was not up prior to the meeting on Jan. 5th. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452668647.783699.jpg

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    You should apply for this board (looks like they expire this year):
    HANDGUN ROSTER BOARD
    Staff: Marlene F. Jenkins (410) 653-4247; e-mail: marlene.jenkins@maryland.gov
    Chair: Col. William M. Pallozzi, Secretary of State Police

Appointed by Governor with Senate advice & consent to 4-year terms: Ira M. Click; P. Michael Errico; Claudette W. Gadsden-Hrobak; Gail F. Golden; James F. Laughland; George D. Mathias; Jonathan W. Maurath; Jonathan G. Newell, Esq.; Russell N. Shea, Jr.; Michael A. Spaulding. Terms expire 2016.

FWIW... when I dropped my application off, I was asked if any other Boards appealed to me... like say... how about the Roster Board? I think I noticed a wink and a nod...:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom