• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD
    Yes, a hot second after placing the order. I also saved the order confirmation on my computer screen as a .pdf just in case.
    Yeah, I got the confirmation email right after I placed the order to. The shipping price might go up on the order when they process it tho. If you read the shipping policy it says handguns don't get the $12.95 shipping. It says all handguns ship second day air which is $29.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    For those looking for a Beretta 1951 in 9 mm, Century has one. Look at page 4 of 'Odd Lots'; $269, good condition, no mag

Nice find. Mags are prolly hard to find though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 322

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I'm going to get all uppity and rant about their technical inferiority (and be pissed) if I miss out on a Star B because Century can't get it's sh*t together.

I never did get my CAI account setup in Feb 2013. I will say though, after a few days of trying, I called them and was switched to the gun dept. The gun I wanted had sold out, but if I was ready to buy something the guy said they can setup the account. :mad54:

It's a catch 22. You can't see the prices online without an account. You get an account when your ready to buy something.

In Feb. 2013, folks were paying stupid money for guns across the board. CAI had more business than they could handle. I'm sure if I wanted to, I could get an account setup now. I'm just not that interested in dealing with them.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm going to get all uppity and rant about their technical inferiority (and be pissed) if I miss out on a Star B because Century can't get it's sh*t together.

Eh, the Stars are not that great of a deal IMHO. I'm going to be pissed if they look like the one in the picture. The condition says "excellent" and that's what I'm expecting for the price. Even if it is excellent I might sell it to trade up for one of Lou's Super Bs.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Eh, the Stars are not that great of a deal IMHO. I'm going to be pissed if they look like the one in the picture. The condition says "excellent" and that's what I'm expecting for the price. Even if it is excellent I might sell it to trade up for one of Lou's Super Bs.

Curious why you say that? I know nothing about them other that I've read/heard that they are great pistols. I don't "need" to spend $300, so if there's nothing super special about these, maybe I'll reconsider.

cimiM1

Dec 20, 2013
    PA
    The only way that I found to get your C&R registered at Century and also on-line access was to call. I talked to a rep on the phone and emailed a copy direct to her. I then called back a week later about the online access. Initially they said give it 72 hrs for you to have access but it never happened. It took 5 minutes after the second call.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I was a long time advocate of not caring about Century since they didn't set up my account after several attempts. My advice now is to just play their reindeer games until they get you an account. Lots of good stuff there. Coming soon are Polish model 78 flare guns for $12. They have steyr m95s in stock for $100, which is not an amazing deal or anything but a very good price.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      45.7 KB · Views: 203

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Curious why you say that? I know nothing about them other that I've read/heard that they are great pistols. I don't "need" to spend $300, so if there's nothing super special about these, maybe I'll reconsider.

$300 is within $100 of used Glock prices, just seems like order handguns should be cheaper. Obviously I don't think it's too bad a deal, I went for one.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Okay, against my better judgement, I decided to update my old Century account with my current license number.

I always found them to be a huge pain in the ass to deal with in the past, and I see they have not improved.

I'm trying to enter my FFL number in their online form, but the form will not accept it. I keep getting an error scold, saying
    Must be like 1-XX-234-56-7A-XXXXX

That is EXACTLY the format I am using.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? Frankly, I can get along just fine without them, but recent posts in this thread made me think maybe I should reopen my account.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Okay, against my better judgement, I decided to update my old Century account with my current license number.

I always found them to be a huge pain in the ass to deal with in the past, and I see they have not improved.

I'm trying to enter my FFL number in their online form, but the form will not accept it. I keep getting an error scold, saying

Can anyone offer a suggestion? Frankly, I can get along just fine without them, but recent posts in this thread made me think maybe I should reopen my account.

Kept having the same problem. Hell with 'em; I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Kept having the same problem. Hell with 'em; I'll spend my money elsewhere.

I got that when I tried to setup my account. Finally, I called then and had a user name and password the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom