• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAC

Mar 10, 2011
    MD
    My FFL is getting applications back from 2/4 . I did mine 2/12 & 2/14 , said he should have mine next week .

Free Stater

Semper Paratus
    Mar 12, 2013
    Baltimore City
    It bears repeating that there has been 4 or more days delay for MSP to fax back to the dealer after they "not disapprove" someone. Keep that in mind before throwing your dealer under the bus if you contact MSP and get a "not disapproved" and the dealer has not contacted you.
    Fair point. It seems there are 2 different MSP 'backlogs." A multi-week delay for "non-disapproval," and another "multi-day" delay in getting outbound faxes sent back to retailers with that information.

jcrabb2131

Mar 16, 2013
    on day 47 now. Called MSP again and was told that they are finishing BGC's from 2/1 and 2/2 today and I should get my call soon. This is the same answer I got the last time I called. I'd like to know how some people are getting more then this generic response. How do I get them to look for my BGC? I have a feeling that it could have been approved but somehow my dealer hasn't received it.

Shaunk23

Mar 14, 2013
    Pasadena
    I'm unclear as well... I just called MSP for first time as i submitted and fax was received on 2/5. I spoke with a trooper smith, he stated that it was received on 2/5 as my FFL stated and that they would probably get to it sometime next week... I purchased mine from Worth a Shot in Millersville.. How are some people getting theirs back from a 2/5 purchase date and some being told next week? He was very polite and took his time, i dont believe that he was just giving me info to get me off the phone..

EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013
    Purchased 2/2/13
    Got the call today 3/20/13
    The Gun Center Frederick

I can't stand that place. The selection is great but they are wayyyy over priced and their customer service is horrible.I will never go there again!! For example, a box of Federal .40 S&W ammo $28. $19.99 just about anywhere else....

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I can't stand that place. The selection is great but they are wayyyy over priced and their customer service is horrible.I will never go there again!! For example, a box of Federal .40 S&W ammo $28. $19.99 just about anywhere else....

I have not heard anything good from anyone here on the boards
    My experience to date has been fine. They were more expensive but still cheaper than gunbroker and they had what I wanted and no one else did. I was ok paying the premium.
    They have responded to emails and kept me updated and have been pleasant both in person and over the phone.
    Sounds like I have been lucky so far or perhaps they have turned over a new leaf

OK I will assume lucky so far. I am hoping my luck continues with them
    I am picking up tomorrow

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Mike from MidCounty told me he was seeing apps come back from 2/6. Sounds like I've got another couple weeks to go for my 2/16 start date.

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    they couldn't use your ID to confirm the transaction?

Store policy to have the receipt, whatever. It sucks though, because I can't find the damn thing and think I might have thrown it out when cleaning out my car last month! In talks with the FFL now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    Joe:
    Did you use a credit card or pay by check?? Maybe a statement or cancelled check would work. I panicked over the weekend when I thought I had lost the receipt from one of the guns I have in limbo -found it later in my work ID instead of my wallet.

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    I thought all they need is your drivers license since your name is on the gun and the paperwork.

they have their copy to show that you paid.

you have to sign a release that you got it

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    Joe:
    Did you use a credit card or pay by check?? Maybe a statement or cancelled check would work. I panicked over the weekend when I thought I had lost the receipt from one of the guns I have in limbo -found it later in my work ID instead of my wallet.

I paid in cash :(

Not a big deal because the shop is checking the receipt on their end (not sure why they couldn't when I was there, no biggie tho). My concern is with what the receipt says – I initially put a deposit down and then went back a week later and paid in full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dillinger287

Feb 18, 2013
    Harford county
    I called the msp today and got a lady on the phone who was fantastic....gave my ss number and looked it up....said they got my app 2/5 and I was not disapproved 3/15 but the fax hasn't gone out yet to the ffl. One simple freaking fax is all that is left....what a joke.........still waiting

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    MSP - BC checks are taking 30-60 days. While the law permits me to release firearm after 7 days if MSP fails to supply report ATF has issued letter stating to withhold until MSP approval.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Just curious, how many of you guys put your social security# on your forms? I don't and I'm wondering if this could further delay the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom