Ar's are through the roof, but what about accessories?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    OK... Assume for a second that AR's are banned/restricted/whatever, what will happen to the price of accessories? If the number of AR's are limited, this will impact the production of AR related items... The lower the demand, the lower the production, the higher it will be to produce each item, so the higher it will be to buy.

So if my logic is correct, items that typically go on AR's will be more expensive across the board, from flash suppressors to optics that typically get mounted on AR's, like ACOGs, Eotechs and the like. I know they're expensive enough already, but couldn't legislation make this worse? By this reasoning, even grips, handguards, and stocks would be affected... Right?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Many of the optics and accessories are "universal" and can be used on most any gun that it will mount to. Some optics are caliber specific I do not think that Congress will ban calibers. So once this initial frenzy is over the "universal" accessories will fall back in line.

porscheguy

Jul 30, 2012
    Accessories aren't banned or regulated. At the moment people are in a mad rush to get lowers, uppers, and then complete uppers.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    We've seen a huge run in everything, but most components, except for some exceptions, aren't seeing a huge price gouge. Some LPK's, BCG's, etc have been jacked up really high and some people are paying it.

Geissele SSA and SSA-E triggers are seeing a big jump in 2013 (15-20% retail). Otherwise, most manufacturers, from what we know, will have a max of approx 5% increase next year.

If you wanted to get an SSA or SSA-E trigger, now would be better than in January.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    just picked up an MOE LPK without FCG and an ALG QMS from palmetto for a Benjamin. springs, a couple G2's, retainer plates, and some starter punches from brownell's for another Benjamin.

figure out what people are rushing for, and snatch up the shit they're ignoring that hasn't been panic-priced yet. lots of stuff out there still priced normally.

to add, none of this was stuff i "needed asap" or anything, just stuff i've been eyeing, had some extra play money, and figured why not. i'd say hopefully people aren't putting themselves into a shitload of debt to make panic buys that will deflate in price 3-6 months from now, but i know better...

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    meh.....i have 2 lowers built up with those, and the selectors are awful. both stick halfway between safe and fire as if they're on an actual position.

maybe they've remedied it, but i know mine aren't the only ones that are like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom