• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • petergriffin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2012
    So...I'm trying to figure out how we got from the OP to here...

Threads often go off topic, but give it a minute it will return to topic. You can read the Smigel post which says he is working to address the OPs issue. Of course keeping a thread as important as this alive is a good thing.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    I submitted my application before the stay, and they cashed the check, but have not contacted me yet. Its been about 3 weeks ? Im hoping they put my application in the "wait" pile.

petergriffin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2012
    I do not agree with the argument. If your a law abiding citizen that should be aloud to carry I think you should be aloud to carry anywhere. (Except on a plane where the sky marshals have to carry special rounds that will not go through the side of the plane.)

If you get a ccw and tell you that your trusted to carry when your in a shopping mall, but we can't trust you in a school or airport? If your going to do the right thing with your gun/ccw, your going to do the right thing no matter where you are.

Why are there sensitive areas that should be off limits? Do you think the bad guy will care about your off limits list of places? NO!

Again, you would like to see a law that only the honest person will pay attention to and follow.

The bad guys that will do the bad things do not care about your off limits list.

And as far as your open carry, you will be the first guy the bad guy will sucker punch on the back of your head because your walking around with the billboard on your hip.

How far back to the Wild Wild West do you want to go? Btw in states that allow open carry, I won't say all states, but when you're open carrying your gun must be holstered. If its a simi-auto the magazines must not be in the gun. You can wear the loaded magazines on your belt too but the gun must not be loaded. A revolver must have bullets in the revolver, but you can have a speed loader on your belt. If a bad guy wants to sucker punch me and take my gun, it's useless to him without the magazine or bullets.

Smagel

Hey, hey, my, my
    Jul 20, 2011
    Freddy's Store
    Deleted due to massively off-topic. Carry laws are not the subject of this thread.

:thumbsup:

and

posted a few min ago in Smigiel's facebook

Michael Smigiel
    For all my friends who are receiving their applications and payments back from the Maryland State Police saying that you have failed to establish the unconstitutional standard of a good and substantial reason please be patient I am working on it now. The State Police don't seem to realize that giving you back you application fee does not excuse the violation of your Constitutional rights that goes along with their continued use of the "good and substantial reason" standard.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    I submitted my application before the stay, and they cashed the check, but have not contacted me yet. Its been about 3 weeks ? Im hoping they put my application in the "wait" pile.

It was almost 4 weeks to the day when I got called from the time my app was rcvd. I am in AA county and GLen Burnie was the barracks that got my app for the interview. it "appears" that the ones that were submitted between 5 Mar and when the temp stay was issued are being fully processed, so, I would think in the next week or so, you will probably be called for your interview. Then they go to the pile for the wait on final stay verdict, atleast that is what we have been told by MSP.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Hyperbole Alert.
    Ok, let's take courts out of the restricted area as well. Do we take down the metal detectors because all they will do is detect that you have a gun which is your right to have? You continue on your way into the courtroom as you sit down and listen as the jury reads a guilty verdict for Jamal who is on trial for murder. Jamal's cousin Tiki stands up and pulls out his gun and starts blazing away at the jurors who just convicted his boy. Btw you are CCW and Tiki is too.

Bad guys will be bad guys.

If Tiki will shoot people in the open court room, not only is he a very bad guy, but he would shoot the same jurors who just convicted his boy on the outside of the court house when they left the building if he could not have his gun in the court house. Or are you saying Tiki is a bad guy in the court but on the outside of the building he will be a good guy again.

In court or out of court, are you saying that maybe no one should have a CCW because who is to say when they may start shooting if they do not get their way?

If Tiki and I were both CCW holders, then maybe I could take out Tiki before he will shoot you if you were also in the court room if I had my gun.

Maybe we should not let you have a CCW because who knows when you may shoot the LEO when you get pulled over for speeding ticket, or on the guy who steels your parking space because you may snap. Maybe we better not take a chance with you?

Everyone has bad things that happen to them in life. You can't just assume when the bad things happen to people they will turn into the bad guy and just start shooting. Unless you think we should assume everyone is guilty until proven innocent?

I think everyone that are law abiding citizen should be able to carry everywhere they go so they can protect themselves from the bad guy. If one day they chose to become the bad guy there is nothing you or I can do about that.

I think teachers should be able to carry so they can help protect the kids in schools. If you read about one school shooting you read about them all. The bad guy starts killing and he is stopped when he either runs out of bullets or kills himself. Taking 10-20 kids with him. The only defense the innocent teachers and kids have is to run and pray the bad guy misses.

Maybe some of them as they are running and praying are saying to them selves, "This can't be happening! Doesn't the bad guy know this is a gun free zone?"

Maybe if the teachers as well as others could carry on school grounds someone could stop the bad guy long before he takes out 10-20 kids.
    Maybe if the bad guys knew that everyone at the school was armed, shooting up a school would not be as appealing as it is now knowing he will be the only one with a gun because it is a gun free zone.

How many deer hunters do you think there would be if the deer shot back?

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    How far back to the Wild Wild West do you want to go? Btw in states that allow open carry, I won't say all states, but when you're open carrying your gun must be holstered. If its a simi-auto the magazines must not be in the gun. You can wear the loaded magazines on your belt too but the gun must not be loaded. A revolver must have bullets in the revolver, but you can have a speed loader on your belt. If a bad guy wants to sucker punch me and take my gun, it's useless to him without the magazine or bullets.

One, you need to start a different thread to discuss methods of carry, you're derailling this thread.
    Two, your information is incorrect, as far as carrying unloaded. I suggest you head over to opencarry.org and educate yourself

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

So you think if the bad guy hits you on your head to steel you gun he will not be able to find your bullets? And so what if it is useless. There you are with brain damage on the ground bleeding short one gun and one wallet. If he has the gun he can buy bullets anywhere.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    One, you need to start a different thread to discuss methods of carry, you're derailling this thread.
    Two, your information is incorrect, as far as carrying unloaded. I suggest you head over to opencarry.org and educate yourself
    Sorry. Your right. this is not the thread for this. But you never know when you will run into anti's

petergriffin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2012
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Merlin
    bring me up to speed, who is Michael Smigiel?
    The simple fact that you had to ask this question after posting responses to each and every post on this forum for the last two weeks is proof that you need to stop typing and start reading.

Let me get this straight Merlin. You are debating me on 2A rights....even calling me an anti. Yet, you don't know who Smigiel is? You lost a lot of credibility from this one.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Merlin
    bring me up to speed, who is Michael Smigiel?
    The simple fact that you had to ask this question after posting responses to each and every post on this forum for the last two weeks is proof that you need to stop typing and start reading.

Let me get this straight Merlin. You are debating me on 2A rights....even calling me an anti. Yet, you don't know who Smigiel is? You lost a lot of credibility from this one.

He just slipped my mind. You had me to upset with your talk about all of the many places we should be off limits with a ccw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom