• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsulli85

May 16, 2019
    Good evening gents.

My wife and I recently bought a house just north of Westminster. We are newer to this area but have been in Maryland for a few years in Silver Spring and then New Windsor.

After having been to many ranges and rented a lot of weapons, I finally bit the proverbial bullet and purchased an AR-15 Lower two weeks ago. Filled out my forms and waited my week for Maryland to approve it and got to pick it up on Friday.

I got the rest of my parts today (sans BCG and Charging Handle) and finished building what I could. Going to take it to Duffy's tomorrow as I spoke with the Gunsmith and he said he would torque the barrel nut and install the gas block for me while I wait. I also want to get the headspace checked just to be safe (it's an Anderson Barrel with a PSA Nickel Boron BCG).

I would love to eventually get into something like 3-Gun or any form of competitive shooting. I've been looking at Dog Hill Rod & Gun Club and a few other places near me (I go to Hap Baker occasionally now).

yR1kknz.jpg

Already thinking about my next build. Trying to decide if I want to do a 5.56 or 300 AAC Pistol for my wife. I want to be able to build something light weight and without a lot of kick.

Happy to have found this place!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for having the courtesy to introduce yourself.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!

FORUM RULES
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe

Admin News and Announcements

Gun Rights and Legislation

Industry Partners

MD Shooters Firearms Map

Acronym list[/FONT]

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Already thinking about my next build. Trying to decide if I want to do a 5.56 or 300 AAC Pistol for my wife.

I like 5.56 and more common rounds myself because cheaper to shoot = more practice. I’d be more likely to send more rounds down range at .30 each vs $3.00 for a 50 BMG for example.

With the help of a fellow forum member I just built a Ruger 5.56 pistol to match my rifle, couldn’t be happier. You could always do a his and hers! :)

Attachments

• C9CABDE4-D771-4F97-B67F-024641EDC9D6.jpg
      C9CABDE4-D771-4F97-B67F-024641EDC9D6.jpg
      116.7 KB · Views: 192

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    AGC has a 3 gun type thing for members. "Action Shooting" is what they call it but it includes pistol, rifle, and shotgun events/practice.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    i shoot at AGC or our farm in westminster, just north west of the airport up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom