Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    First shots not too bad. Not match grade but used Regular Federal 55gr
    50 yards front supported.
    Threw the brass at 2:00

Couple shots into the berm to adjust scope to get on paper then 3 shots there to the lower left of center and then adjusted final clicks on scope.

Corners are 10 round groups

Had a few failures to feed in the first 10 rounds then no issues after that.

8edbc52328c9b2f52b55ae0427544cef.jpg

c124a5404200c6a8ee1b9593366cb68a.jpg

10b6428f67234b5ccf7579e3ffb3ab9a.jpg

6578712789f2031dbc7bf9e7f4ac0bb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Good looking groups there!

What do you think of the brake that came on it?

Not sure if you can tell from my fuzzy photo but it really directs the muzzle blast a bit more rearward than any of my other muzzle brakes. I can feel the "puff" each time I shoot more than my other ARs. Recoil and muzzle rise is greatly reduced compared to a standard A2 birdcage of course. But you also get the bigger sound too. I had my big muffs on today which is usually painful trying to get a cheek weld with them.

This upper probably has about 1/4" less than I was shooting from it today as far as group size. I"m not a bad shooter, but I"m not the greatest either.

I will try a group of 5 with some Federal Gold Metal Match I have plus 2 different reload formulas I have next time I'm out. I'll also have my Match Barrel AR to compare that day hopefully.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    On the Radical site in their clearance section they have a barreled upper in 5.56 with the same handguard. It doesn’t have the zero impulse brake and it is a SOCOM profile barrel. They advertise all HBAR/SOCOM/medium contour barrels as “heavy barrel”. Specific language about MD on their FAQ page. $125

Follow up on these uppers.
    Ordered 4 of them.
    Nothing for a month. Sent a WTF email. Radical customer support responded same day and they shipped that day.
    Received them and looked them over, they are all crap. All of them have dings here and there either on the handgaurd or barrel. A couple of them look like they were grabbed with wrench. At least two of them have rust on the barrel and one of those has a dozen + spots of rust. And this is just on the last couple inches of barrel visible. I'm sure there is a lot more to complain about if I spent more than 10 seconds each looking them over.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Follow up on these uppers.

Ordered 4 of them.

Nothing for a month. Sent a WTF email. Radical customer support responded same day and they shipped that day.

Received them and looked them over, they are all crap. All of them have dings here and there either on the handgaurd or barrel. A couple of them look like they were grabbed with wrench. At least two of them have rust on the barrel and one of those has a dozen + spots of rust. And this is just on the last couple inches of barrel visible. I'm sure there is a lot more to complain about if I spent more than 10 seconds each looking them over.
    Damn, that sucks. I dont recall mine looking like that. Ill have to investigate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom