• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    IMG_0707[2219].jpg Heres a pretty good one. He's got a couple points going on. Oldest boy seen him in daylight this morning at the farm.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hunting this spot for 6 years now, I also think he's 2.5. Sadly, I also think he's the dominant buck in the area now that I killed the other one. One thing's for sure....he's got room to grow, and he'll get it from me.

He has "little rack syndrome" lol!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Idaknow wil. 1.5s around here don't have necks like that. They have scrawny little doe necks. I'm staying with my first minimum age of 2.5. He's also got a more triangular head. Another sign of age. I say he's an underachieving 2.5(or older) year old.
    you are prob right, I didnt think of its neck. Hes got some good potential thats for sure! If he keeps the right nutrition going he could be a good one in a few years if he makes it.

View attachment 218052 Heres a pretty good one. He's got a couple points going on. Oldest boy seen him in daylight this morning at the farm.
    wow nice!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I guess you were right. Looks like an arrow 'miss'.

I saw a spike buck yesterday that had a hole in his side the size of a golf ball. I'm suspecting exit wound because his limp was on the opposite rear leg(entrance wound). It's amazing how resilient these critters are. He sat out there at 30yds just giving a sapling hell with his antlers!

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I guess you were right. Looks like an arrow 'miss'.

I saw a spike buck yesterday that had a hole in his side the size of a golf ball. I'm suspecting exit wound because his limp was on the opposite rear leg(entrance wound). It's amazing how resilient these critters are. He sat out there at 30yds just giving a sapling hell with his antlers!
    I pulled a shot on a doe with my muzzleloader last year and caught her in the front shoulder. Never went down. Saw her twice more that year with a limp but never could get a shot. I have a ton of trail cam photos of her this year, carries that leg slightly higher, but shes still getting around. It truly is incredible.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    On measuring a point on a deer;

The measurement starts where the base of the point is one inch wide, measuring up from there to the tip. If it is at least one inch long from that point, it counts as a scorable point

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    On measuring a point on a deer;

The measurement starts where the base of the point is one inch wide, measuring up from there to the tip. If it is at least one inch long from that point, it counts as a scorable point

Old timers would say "If you can hang a ring on it then count it" ?? I'm not questioning this but just curious of the bump in the pic.

I have never seen this many bucks in my area! Need to check the camera again.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Old timers would say "If you can hang a ring on it then count it" ?? I'm not questioning this but just curious of the bump in the pic.

Just a bump.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

of course;) thats the rumor/story Ive been told as well. But Im going with what outrider says...should be a "measurable" point ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom