• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    Saw this article this morning: https://patch.com/maryland/odenton/...es-gun-after-being-told-douse-fire-pit-police

I feel like there has to be more to this story. Who would call 911 to report their neighbors having a fire pit? As far as I know you can,have a fire as long as it is less than a cubic yard, which any fire pit would be. So why did he have to put it out?

The only thing I can think of is the windy weather, but I dont remember hearing about any burn ban.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Saw this article this morning: https://patch.com/maryland/odenton/...es-gun-after-being-told-douse-fire-pit-police

I feel like there has to be more to this story. Who would call 911 to report their neighbors having a fire pit? As far as I know you can,have a fire as long as it is less than a cubic yard, which any fire pit would be. So why did he have to put it out?

The only thing I can think of is the windy weather, but I dont remember hearing about any burn ban.

I don't give patch clicks, but I see 2 possibilities...

A ninny neighbor, or the pit is too close to a structure (15' minimum in AACo, IIRC)

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

Sigh... It is people like this that give the left and gun grabbers more fuel for their fire.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Story was on WBAL TV this morning. 35guns and thousands of rounds of ammo siezed.
    What was their screen name?
    J/K I don't want to know.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    One of the stories said the fire was 10 feet x 15 feet. That's not a fire pit, thats a bonfire. That's why the busybody neighbors complained and why the fire department told him to put it out.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    One of the stories said the fire was 10 feet x 15 feet. That's not a fire pit, thats a bonfire. That's why the busybody neighbors complained and why the fire department told him to put it out.

Smokey the Bear weeps.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011

City slickers

It's not a bonfire unless youre using the skid loader to stack wooden skids. LOL

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Gorbachev?
    armentrout_james_ernest-1540223780-5367.jpg

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    This is what happens when your dead end road into the Patuxent swamps, becomes the back door to Wegmans....and your boondocks becomes a Crofton wannabe.

evergreen_road.jpg

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    This is what happens when your dead end road into the Patuxent swamps, becomes the back door to Wegmans....and your boondocks becomes a Crofton wannabe.

evergreen_road.jpg
    People move into rhat area and also complained about the noise from Capital Raceway dragstrip which is in the photo at the left.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    People move into rhat area and also complained about the noise from Capital Raceway dragstrip which is in the photo at the left.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeap, I live off of RT. 170 in Severn and it amazes me how many people complain about the railroad noise......"ah, didn't you look a map before you moved to the area? You're less than a mile (in the communities) as the crow flies from one of the busiest railroad corridors in America, yes you're going to hear trains!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom