• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bert762

Jun 29, 2014
    Is the Oaks spring show worth the 2 hour drive? Not interested in a bunch of socks, jerky etc... thank you for your input

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The Oaks shows are pretty good. However, you will still have the socks and jerky vendors. But with the amount of tables that are selling real firearm related items, those other vendors don't seem to be too obnoxious. I've never been to the Spring show, so I can't speak directly for this show, but the other shows are usually pretty good. You will probably find Class III dealer Dennis Todd, a Dillion authorized dealer, an ammo dealer that carries a tremendous amount of ammo, and of course a few mom and pop shops. The one dealer I enjoy seeing are the old couple that sell cleaning supplies. They used to do the MD shows, but left due to some issues with the folks who run the shows.

If you've never been to an Oaks show, you will probably like it. Their worst show is still 10 times better than anything in Maryland.

PSA: Don't eat the food at the show. Maybe a pretzel, but not much else. Trust me, your gastrointestinal system will thank me.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Reading the previous threads about the show will give you a pretty good picture of what people think about it, what they find, prices, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom