• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I think I'm gonna need some floral patterns or tribal dongs engraved on my 1911.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Thank you Nate for an outstanding job on the engraving!!! My son and I had a great time on our trip down to the shop and it was great seeing you and the crew again. FYI Gunny flipped over the pics, home run for sure.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    First, I 100% realize this is a long shot.

I want a wolf eating the sun engraved on my AR15 lower. I'm not a whiz with vector image design though. Do you guys source images? For a fee? I'd really like it but haven't had any luck designing stuff myself. Looks like an idiot did it. :(

Also maybe an engraving of Shiva doing the end of the world dance from Hindu mythology on the other side of the magwell? I have lofty goals but none of the skill.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    On the steel MP5 lower, he did it with the laser. Waves a majic wand, said an incantation and in the final pass the engraving turned black. Did it with my SBS receiver as well.

Hahaha this is awesome. Nate is definitely capable of magic. My lower gets compliments every time.

Thanks again to Nate and Engage

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

I want a wolf eating the sun engraved on my AR15 lower. I'm not a whiz with vector image design though. Do you guys source images? For a fee? I'd really like it but haven't had any luck designing stuff myself. Looks like an idiot did it. :(

Also maybe an engraving of Shiva doing the end of the world dance from Hindu mythology on the other side of the magwell? I have lofty goals but none of the skill.

The trick is to either find what you want in a vector format, or to get the art and then translate it into a vector format afterword. I can point you at some applications that will take an image file and make vector art, but the image is only going to end up as good as the source is.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT

Give me a little bit, let me see what I can come up with.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    First time venturing up to Engage today. Got a lower engraved - nice and quick.

Thanks to Ben for helping me with an Engage lower for a future SBR project, and Andy for taking the time to answer my AK questions.

jmaurath

Jul 7, 2011
    Maryland
    Hi,

I'm looking to get an AR lower engraved. the issue is that my Trust name is 22 Characters long. Can you do 22 characters on a single line?

leBjA

Mar 2, 2013
    Engage
    Still performing engraving?
    Do you have the capability to perform grip texture laser engraving, say for a P80 ready mod frame?

Engage Sales

Industry Partner
    Jan 18, 2018
    Engage
    Still performing engraving?
    Do you have the capability to perform grip texture laser engraving, say for a P80 ready mod frame?
    We still engrave! However, I haven't messed with the Polymer 80 frames, so I don't know what materials they use for them. Right now, without a part that I could run some testing on, I couldn't confidently perform this service. If you're willing to get an extra one, and potentially sacrifice it, I could see what I'd be able to do! Just let us know and we'll see what we can try.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    what is needed

To etch a motto on a lower, all you need is the TTL font and an example in Word correct? Would like to have my Crusader lower etched with a Templar motto

My original Spikes Crusader was their Psalm that I figured out the font used and spacing. The second (non nobis, Domine...) one I would like etched is below the original. Friggin Spikes would not tell me the font used and to purchase the complete rifle to get a font inscribed lower. Eff That. I figured among four different old style fonts and worked on spacing between the words to 99% match the ones from Spikes. Want to use the same font on the second lower with the motto.

Not to us Lord, not to us, but to Your Name give glory--psalm 115:verse1

Attachments

• crusader motto.JPG
      crusader motto.JPG
      20.9 KB · Views: 637

Engage Sales

Industry Partner
    Jan 18, 2018
    To etch a motto on a lower, all you need is the TTL font and an example in Word correct? Would like to have my Crusader lower etched with a Templar motto

My original Spikes Crusader was their Psalm that I figured out the font used and spacing. The second (non nobis, Domine...) one I would like etched is below the original. Friggin Spikes would not tell me the font used and to purchase the complete rifle to get a font inscribed lower. Eff That. I figured among four different old style fonts and worked on spacing between the words to 99% match the ones from Spikes. Want to use the same font on the second lower with the motto.

Not to us Lord, not to us, but to Your Name give glory--psalm 115:verse1

If you can provide the chosen font file and bring in one of the lowers, I should be able to replicate it! Just want to make all the measurements are right. Unfortunately, the engraving software doesn't import .doc/docx files. If you format it to the way of your choosing and save it as a .pdf, I can see if I can export that as an .svg and work from there!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    perfect

If you can provide the chosen font file and bring in one of the lowers, I should be able to replicate it! Just want to make all the measurements are right. Unfortunately, the engraving software doesn't import .doc/docx files. If you format it to the way of your choosing and save it as a .pdf, I can see if I can export that as an .svg and work from there!

Will do that. I am the dude that has the Witt machine integral suppressed .300 upper in jail at your place for now. :)

Also, I just got my HQL because I got pissed that you have too many things I did not know I needed . :)

Engage Sales

Industry Partner
    Jan 18, 2018
    Will do that. I am the dude that has the Witt machine integral suppressed .300 upper in jail at your place for now. :)

Also, I just got my HQL because I got pissed that you have too many things I did not know I needed . :)

Sounds good! Just bring it in whenever you have a chance and we'll take care of you.

Glad to hear you finally have that, if you want to be even more tempted, we could help you with your designated collector paperwork, hahah.

Walk in completed 80's OK??

Not a problem! Are you just looking to get personal information or selector markings engraved on there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom