• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Wonder if he’ll give me a refund since I’ve been a member for 2 years and also took his class and bought the book?

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    I took the time to read this post in its entirety, and you guys have scared the hell out of me.

I do have Utah and Florida CCW permits, but rarely use them, as I don’t travel outside of Maryland that much. And I have never carried my weapon on me, only in my car when traveling to and from Florida.

If I need insurance to cover me for the, “just in case” scenario, I will stop taking my weapon with me when on the road.

This decision is based on being retired and on a limited income which in no way would allow me to tie up $300 to $600 a year.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Self Defense Fund is only like $115/year and covers any self defense including hand to hand.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I took the time to read this post in its entirety, and you guys have scared the hell out of me.

I do have Utah and Florida CCW permits, but rarely use them, as I don’t travel outside of Maryland that much. And I have never carried my weapon on me, only in my car when traveling to and from Florida.

If I need insurance to cover me for the, “just in case” scenario, I will stop taking my weapon with me when on the road.

This decision is based on being retired and on a limited income which in no way would allow me to tie up $300 to $600 a year.
    You have 50k or more on hand for a lawyer if you shoot a home intruder? Do you have a million stashed away for a civil lawsuit?
    Do you have a team on hand to help you through the process should a home invasion happen? Hell, would you even have anyone to call?

15-30 bucks a month for peace of mind should something happen is a small price to pay.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    For the price of a half-dozen boxes of range ammo, you get bail, legal fees, access to experienced legal talent 24/7. I might add that the cost of decent insurance is less that the cost of an hour's time by the sort of lawyer you'll need.

Alternatively, supposing you survive an encounter, you will be unable to afford anything better than an overworked underpaid public defender. Then it's jail, so no worries about room/board.

So it's a wash. Of course, you might get lucky and get killed, so again, no problems going forward.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I guess I’ll just take my chances with 911, that’s a free call.

Never met a home invader, business robber, rapist, carjacker or just plain crazy person who was ever too rude to wait for the cops to come after you make that call. I mean, that would just be uncivilized. When seconds count, they're only minutes away, right?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Thread revival...

I am a believer in insurance, and have had some sort of CCW insurance for several years even though I only get to carry a few times a year when I leave Marylandistan.

Currently with USCCA and up for renewal ($95/year). Question for the brain trust here is whether or not this is as good as, better than, or worse than the other companies:

USCCA
    CCW Safe
    NRA Carry Guard
    Armed Citizen Legal Defense Fund
    Other?

Thanks in advance for your constructive replies and suggestions. :thumbsup:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I won't rehash the actual analysis (which, admittedly, slipped sometimes into some seat-of-the-pants, gut-check-style thinking) as I weighed the handful of competitors out there. But by the time the dust settled this past spring, I'd settled on USCCA. There are pros and cons across the board. I appreciated that their coverage tackles any sort of self-defense action (not just the use of a firearm), that their coverage extended to SD within your own home, and that I could add my wife to the coverage for a pittance.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I won't rehash the actual analysis (which, admittedly, slipped sometimes into some seat-of-the-pants, gut-check-style thinking) as I weighed the handful of competitors out there. But by the time the dust settled this past spring, I'd settled on USCCA. There are pros and cons across the board. I appreciated that their coverage tackles any sort of self-defense action (not just the use of a firearm), that their coverage extended to SD within your own home, and that I could add my wife to the coverage for a pittance.

This is what I have as well. Might even attend their shindig next May in Pittsburgh.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Thanks, guys. You've helped me a bunch. I'll renew my current policy, and won't bother with investigating the others. :thumbsup:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks, guys. You've helped me a bunch. I'll renew my current policy, and won't bother with investigating the others.
    But have compared their bail and civil liability amounts? I'm pretty sure those numbers are what swayed me to CCW safe. And no cap attorneys fees.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I thought i would revive this older thread instead of starting a new one .

In this very strange times we find ourselves in i have finally decided to get USCCA insurance at the Elite level , my 2 brothers as well signed up for it . With media and twisting of facts and also just the down right hatred of anything conservative it is time .
    I just think it is foolish not to have it , i don't want to lose everything i have worked hard for all my life on a good shoot . I really hope i never have to use it just like my car insurance . Just thought i would bring it back to the forefront .

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I thought i would revive this older thread instead of starting a new one .

In this very strange times we find ourselves in i have finally decided to get USCCA insurance at the Elite level , my 2 brothers as well signed up for it . With media and twisting of facts and also just the down right hatred of anything conservative it is time .
    I just think it is foolish not to have it , i don't want to lose everything i have worked hard for all my life on a good shoot . I really hope i never have to use it just like my car insurance . Just thought i would bring it back to the forefront .

For most of us normal Bubbas, just what Kyle Rittenhouse has already gone through would already be putting a major dent in saved cash or other assets, and he hasn't gone anywhere near trial yet. His experience - if he wasn't getting support from third parties and pro bono treatment from a famous lawyer - would bankrupt most people, and that's before the inevitable MULTIPLE civil suits that will follow his criminal acquittal. Not to mention any of us sitting in his jail cell would be unable to make a living, and any business we own or job we have would likely die.

This is all just as true if some Antifa twat gets under the bumper of your car as it is if you have a carry permit in public and have to use it, or even just defend yourself in your own doorway at home. Nobody wants the added overhead of yet another recurring expense. Until something insane happens, and having coverage like this saves your bacon. USCCA is there for ANY defense act on your part, not just self defense shooting by people carrying concealed.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    For most of us normal Bubbas, just what Kyle Rittenhouse has already gone through would already be putting a major dent in saved cash or other assets, and he hasn't gone anywhere near trial yet. His experience - if he wasn't getting support from third parties and pro bono treatment from a famous lawyer - would bankrupt most people, and that's before the inevitable MULTIPLE civil suits that will follow his criminal acquittal. Not to mention any of us sitting in his jail cell would be unable to make a living, and any business we own or job we have would likely die.

This is all just as true if some Antifa twat gets under the bumper of your car as it is if you have a carry permit in public and have to use it, or even just defend yourself in your own doorway at home. Nobody wants the added overhead of yet another recurring expense. Until something insane happens, and having coverage like this saves your bacon. USCCA is there for ANY defense act on your part, not just self defense shooting by people carrying concealed.

We just signed up 3 of us at 47.00 a month which is a cost of carrying . Sad we have to live this way but it is just one component in at least giving us a fighting chance .
    Ed Hershon is on of the Md. Lawyers in the USCCA data bank along with others . It is good to see his name there .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom