• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Just heard that Sam the owner of the Cop Shop recently died following a long illness. Don't know the status of the store, but would hate to see the only gun shop in the city close.

SAM RIP

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    In the early 80's Sam had his Cop Shop in the basement of Shamrock Trading Co. on Baltimore St in the old National Sporting Goods building. We had a video store (LEO owned), Shamrock Trading Co (pawnshop), Shamrock Arms (gun store) and the Cop Shop all in one building. Great times, we all made money. Sorry to hear of his passing, he was always a stand up guy in our business dealings. Chris

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Sad to hear. He was a good guy. Bought at least one glock from him over the years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I’m a long time customer, I know there were health issues recently but I’m so sorry to hear about this ;(

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    RIP

I bought 3 Glocks from him. Each time, he would tell me about a white South African guy who would claim he was African American, when filling out forms in his wonderfully cramped store. I didn’t have the heart to tell him I’d heard him tell it before.
    Great guy. Will miss him.

sinensis

Sep 4, 2018
    Columbia, MD
    RIP, does this mean The Cop Shop is closing? I haven't had the privilege of going there to meet Sam, but I was planning to next year to use my GSSF coupon.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    That's so sad. He was a great guy, I traded in a Glock for another model there....he had a lot of cool stuff in the shop, and it had the "feel".....I wish I had gotten down there again.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    The FFL license is in Sam's name, therefore anyone who was in the 7-day wait cycle is on hold. Dawn (Sam's wife) is waiting for permission to release the firearms and permission to sell direct to customers.

The license expires in March, so if she doesn't have permission to sell direct to customers, she will be forced to sell her inventory to other FFL's.

Dang, what a bitch.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    The FFL license is in Sam's name, therefore anyone who was in the 7-day wait cycle is on hold. Dawn (Sam's wife) is waiting for permission to release the firearms and permission to sell direct to customers.

The license expires in March, so if she doesn't have permission to sell direct to customers, she will be forced to sell her inventory to other FFL's.

Dang, what a bitch.

I just stopped by to see her and pay my condolences. She has no interest in continuing the shop so everything will be liquidated, either to other FFL or individuals depending on ATF/FFL stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom