MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    And also in Cali,
    42511338_2277924312266688_3817318592827883520_n.jpg

H-Bar

4th MD Regiment Militia
    Jun 29, 2017
    Yeah until there is an E.coli out break on kids for eating packaged salad. how are they going to get them back. Stupid.:sad20:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I think the OP was making that it was an 8 hour test not an 8 hour class.

The test is they give you a gun to carry then tell you to go to the DMV to get your picture taken, if you make out without shooting someone you pass. :innocent0

Cyndi59

Many states have similar requirements. TX has a requirement for a 4-6 hour class, followed by live fire exercise.
    Yes,but even then..you still cannot carry as you cannot get a license to do so in the state of Maryland..the way it sounded on WTOP you would be able to carry in Cali..once you did the range and applied for a license..maybe I heard it wrong..was listening to someone and trying to listen to the report..

Cyndi59

Maryland is 16 hours for initial then 8 hours for renewals. Pus it's 4 hours just to get a HQL. Chris
    HQL is not a license to carry..just a money maker for the state to allow you to purchase..Glad I live in Virginia now,can walk into the shop..purchase the sidearm I want and after my background check,I'm wearing my newly purchased sidearm down the sidewalk..

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    HQL is not a license to carry..just a money maker for the state to allow you to purchase..Glad I live in Virginia now,can walk into the shop..purchase the sidearm I want and after my background check,I'm wearing my newly purchased sidearm down the sidewalk..

For now. Virginia is rapidly deteriorating. Expect it to be like NJ in a few years time.

Cyndi59

I hope not GlocksAndPatriots..never knew what freedom taste like across the Potomac..I best enjoy every minute,once I go home to New Zealand..worse than being in Hell..but,wifie and her family is all there and I'll be thinking of all of you..until I come back to the states..

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Heard a bit ago..Ole' Jerry Brown is saying citizens who wish to carry concealed must take a 8 hour test..??(Heard it on WTOP..)

Eight hour course with a test. Essentially like NRA basic pistol. Some other jurisdiction require 16 hours., more like NRA PPOH (Personal Protection Outside the Home).

That is a minor issue though in the scheme of things in "may issue" states where yo can have training, mental health record release, fingerprint based background check -- but with "good cause" requirement excluding 99% of people who otherwise qualify and are trained.

In terms of current practical and constitutional issues on acquisition of CCW the "May issue" vs 'Shall issue" is the main issue that eclipses all others.

BTW, while I am not for mandating the courses I do think most who have a CCW should take a course of their own volition.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Yes,but even then..you still cannot carry as you cannot get a license to do so in the state of Maryland..the way it sounded on WTOP you would be able to carry in Cali..once you did the range and applied for a license..maybe I heard it wrong..was listening to someone and trying to listen to the report..

It’s easier in Cali. Unlike Md with the state police issuing the permits, in Cali local Sherrifs I believe issue permits. Some conservative areas are easier than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom