• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Been looking to put a bipod on my AR 15. I really like the kind that swivel, but are they worth it. I also dont know if i should buy a cheapy for 30 or 40$ or kick out the 100$ or so for a harris and the mount piece, any suggestions?

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I got mine at the Dulles show. There is a vender there Area 51 that has all sorts of cool crap for your AR their website is www.blackrifles.com. I got a CAA BPO-S shotr tactical. No exterior springs, extends out to 8in tall. and slides right onto your picatinny rail system without any extra hardware. It is pretty high speed. They also give military and law enforcement discounts if you ask nicely.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    That sounds similar to the one I bought....and I recall buying it at Dulles as well.

I looked at the website. I think mine is the model bp69s.....runs about $35.

Not the absolute BEST bipod, but works well enough for me. Almost as good as using sandbags, but not quite.

It makes the gun very front end heavy, but since mine is an HBAR that really doesn't matter to me. Certainly not a tactical entry model!

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I have been very happy with mine. The weight is not a problem, don't even notice it is there especialy with the vertical foregrip. I think mine was about $89 with Mil discount. For mine you give the legs a tug to disengage the locking mechanism.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I have been very happy with mine. The weight is not a problem, don't even notice it is there especialy with the vertical foregrip. I think mine was about $89 with Mil discount. For mine you give the legs a tug to disengage the locking mechanism.

Im gonna look that up thanks

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I think its just about the same if not the same as the one i put on my cx4 storm, i really like it and it goes right onto my picatinny rail. Gonna go get another in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom