• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Anyone have one of these puppies? They just look like itd make an awesome all-purpose rifle! If you have one, I'd sure love to shoot it(providing my own ammo of course).

SOCOMIIb.jpg

AA9122Large.jpg

:thumbsup:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I've shot a couple and have to say that they are flat out awesome (well, except for the one that bump fired an entire mag on me :shocked3: ).

If you can come to the January shoot, I can almost guarantee that there will be a couple for you to try out.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Yep

I have a standard model that I've been up grading. I have a National Match trigger pack in it, and a Arms 19 mount, 22H Rings and Leupold MK4 3-9 scope.

I'll have it at the Jan shoot if you can make it and want to try it out

I've been thinking about selling it to fund a SOCOM though. I'd like one set up as a scout with a Aim Point

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Cool, thanks Jeep. Im going to try to make it, but I may have a bowhunting oppurtunity that weekend. Hope you get your lift kit in by then!

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    What Passat do you have? Ive got a B5 1.8T FSM in sexy Candy White.

I'm a VW tech in Cockeysville.

Mine is a 04 1/2 Silver 1.8T Manual trans GLS, I added 16" 5 spoke Passat V6 GLX wheels, scored them off of a dealership loaner car.

standard.jpg

Wife drives a 07 Rabbit, I've added 16" alloys form a MKV Jetta since then off of another dealership upgraded stock unit.

standard.jpg

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    yup, my passat came from the Emden factory. I thought they moved the jettas and gti's back to germany? or was it just the gti? i know the Mk4s were all built in mexico.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Cool, thanks Jeep. Im going to try to make it, but I may have a bowhunting oppurtunity that weekend. Hope you get your lift kit in by then!

If you can make it to the January shoot you are welcome to shoot my M1A. Bring along some quality ammo, and you can shoot it as much as you want.

The only thing is, mine isn't a short barrel version like in your picture. Mine is a GI special with 22" barrel, and GI fiberglass stock. It's a real good shooter.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I appreciate the offer. My dad and I decided to go out backpacking that weekend, so I'm not going to be able to make the shoot.

If I get one, itll probably be the 18" Scout version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom